Side stand question

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Evening, I'm half way through a re-build and am tempted to put a side stand on my street racer scooter. Was wondering if you add the side stand do you leave the normal stand on or do you have to loose the normal stand?

Many thanks.

Scott
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Was it your post on one of the other forums? Did you get your answer?
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Can't see the point in having two stands !! If you fit a side stand, you will need to weld in a strengthening bar between the struts on the outside edge to prevent distortion. If you think it looks sexier leaning over slightly when parked then go for it. I'd just stick to the original as its more stable on two legs than one. You only need some numpty whose admiring your scoot, to sit on it when parked and knock the fecker over, damaging your lovely custom spray job.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
Simonwwfc26

I've got a side stand fitted on my show scoot I'm looking at trying to fit a normal stand as don't like the look of it .
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

alanscottj wrote:Evening, I'm half way through a re-build and am tempted to put a side stand on my street racer scooter. Was wondering if you add the side stand do you leave the normal stand on or do you have to loose the normal stand?

Many thanks.

Scott
Lose the normal stand...it’s look shite with 2 stands.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Thans for the input - as always, mixed thoughts on here and other forums, as i have one I'll try is and see what i think - taking Dan's advice on only having the side stand - seen some pictures with them on and they look pretty cool.
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information