Carbone Rear Shock

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

Anybody got any opinions / reviews on the Carbone Italian rear shock absorber? They do two types: standard and sport. Sport has dual spring and is stated to be stiffer than standard (as you would expect). They are retailing at around £55. I am only budgeting max £100 so well within that. The BGM, Readspeed etc are a bit over priced for me. I know you get what you pay for but for my usage of the scooter it is a bit of a hammer to crack a nut!! (No racing, sedate posing).
That said, I would prefer a shock with a bit of adjustment due to very occasional two up so may stretch the budget depending on what I hear from you all.
Cheers again, Paul
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

Blenks wrote:Anybody got any opinions / reviews on the Carbone Italian rear shock absorber? They do two types: standard and sport. Sport has dual spring and is stated to be stiffer than standard (as you would expect). They are retailing at around £55. I am only budgeting max £100 so well within that. The BGM, Readspeed etc are a bit over priced for me. I know you get what you pay for but for my usage of the scooter it is a bit of a hammer to crack a nut!! (No racing, sedate posing).
That said, I would prefer a shock with a bit of adjustment due to very occasional two up so may stretch the budget depending on what I hear from you all.
Cheers again, Paul
I've had the standard Carbone type fitted for about the last 12 months- been fine.Used it for touring fully loaded with panniers, tent etcetera all good.Various places around the UK and Italy , no complaints, for the price I think they're good value for money.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information