What's you BGM RT 195 set up?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Geocamper
Main scooter: Tv175 S2- Li 150 S2 Eibar

Looking at buying this kit and I'm looking for ideas on set up. What gearing? What carb in your opinion would work well and also what exhaust? Would I need to to up rate the clutch or could I still use the standard series 2 LI150 clutch. Are there any other components within the casing that I should up rate for this kit? Sorry for the long winded questions but your help would be greatly appreciated.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

as regards the clutch I'd go for new corks and steels plus uprated springs.
Scootering since 1968.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

26/28 carb delly , BGM clubman....good to go..
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Just wrote an in depth reply to this as I've just built two of these excellent kits back to back only to have it disappear as I pressed "post reply" load of b@11@x not doing it all again😩
Geocamper

It would be really appreciated if you could re write your reply again. I could do with all the help and knowledge of others possible. Cheers
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

built a load of these.... PHBH 30 with JL3 Curly Pipe.... 4.8 final drive... just a great ride, pulls from low and revs out....

Plenty people using this carb on these engines too, and the jetting info is all very close. Doesnt drink much fuel either
bazza3004

Built one recently with 30 delly bgm pipe Li 150 gearing with 16/46. Owner is very happy with the result
Geocamper

Great replies guys. Is nice to have a cross section of opinion.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Geocamper wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:54 pm It would be really appreciated if you could re write your reply again. I could do with all the help and knowledge of others possible. Cheers
Ok, as stated I've recently finished building 2 of these engines both using Harry Barlow 60-110 cranks, the first one is running a Delortto PHBH 28mm carb open mouth and a kba clubman, li 150 gears 15x46 sprockets, standard clutch springs but with Surflex b grade plates. Now it's been run in I've re-jetted it and it runs as sweet as a nut, pulls cleanly with a nice broad spread of power from low down and all the way through, I do think it could do with a 16 tooth front sprocket though, very economical and with little or no spitback.
The second one although finished has not been ran yet as it's going in a restoration project but similar set up but with a Scootopia clubman, this time running a 125 gearbox but with 18-47 chain and sprockets, Surflex b plates but with Mallossi springs.

I can't see any issues with the clutch as both are only going to be around 15-17 Bhp you just won't need anything fancy.

Build quality is excellent, better I would say than the Mugello that I'm running and the drop in head is a work of art!

The only ball ache is faffing around with the head gasket (not included in the kit) and base packers, once you dry-fit the cylinder and find out what you need it's back on the phone to MB.

Also if your running a longer stroke crank you will need a spacer to go between the fan cowl and the head cowl, one needed a 5mm one and the other only a 3mm, strange as everything else was the same but I guess that's just Lambretta's.
Geocamper

Thanks for your input Scooterdude. It's appreciated. So things are getting clearer in my mind as what way I wish to go. RT195 with a BGM v4 for standard looks as I don't really fancy an expansion. Then go with a 28 delly open mouth, 60-110 crank and 16-46 sprocket. Does that sound doable to get the best out of the kit?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information