What's you BGM RT 195 set up?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

ForemanBob wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:58 pm built a load of these.... PHBH 30 with JL3 Curly Pipe.... 4.8 final drive... just a great ride, pulls from low and revs out....

Plenty people using this carb on these engines too, and the jetting info is all very close. Doesnt drink much fuel either
Hi old post
But can you remember the jetting used on this m8?
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

pwk 28 ancillotti exhaust,started first kick last week after 2 months of no use,standard crank[li] and clutch,bgm ignition ,had it about 4 years only problem I have had is originally, I had an sh22 carb that not only held the engine back in terms of power but also a nightmare to start when hot due to fuel spitback
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

sorry just seen three years old if any help on jetting on pwk is main 117 and jjh needle 2ND clip from top [if it doesn't help you it may someone]
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

nick b wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:48 am sorry just seen three years old if any help on jetting on pwk is main 117 and jjh needle 2ND clip from top [if it doesn't help you it may someone]
I can't comment on the kit, but hot starting problems due to using Dell'Orto's with an air hose is another reason that I dislike the PH range. They flood so easily, whereas Dell'Orto's proper two stroke carbs are good, though ridiculously expensive. That said, I have the choice of VH through VHB/C's from 30 to 39 mm.

However, the PWK's from Koso, OKO & the like are a natural choice as they are inexpensive, set-up friendly & so air filter friendly........if of adequate size.

Your jetting details doesn't mention pilots. With piston ported, I have found down to about 32 is best, whereas TS reed valve engines require about 50 or so ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information