Fork Parts

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Hello,

I'd like to fit external front dampers to my Li S2 & as the current fork links have very worn ball pits I was planning on swapping out the links for new ones with damper mounts rather than having the existing ones modified. I'll be changing the rods to GP type ones with separate balls at the same time. Progressive springs are already fitted (what a huge difference they made!)

These will fit in to S2 forks ok, right?

What about the nylon bushes that go on top of the springs. Will I need the round doughnuts or the top hats?

Thanks,
George.
paul213

You dont need to change the tophat spring stops but I wouldnt use the cheap sandcast links with built in damper mounts I snapped 2 on the spindle eye, just fitting them for someone in the end I made a tool to avoid putting load on the eye .
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Thanks. Looking at the MB links. Expensive, but not the sort of part you'd want to skimp on.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

shocky

Later links have a different curve on them so if fitted will lower the front by approx 7mm
Not really a problem but headlight needs adjusting to suit
This is why the s2 ha a 315mm shocker
You can buy or have your own drum links converted to damper type ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

I have just changed mine for the new CasaLambreta ones from Rimini Lambretta. Around £85 with damper fixing point. Very good quality. I would have gone for MB ones but very expensive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information