Fork link removal

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Snails

I'm having a problem getting one of my GP fork links out of the forks. The other side came apart and out easy. No need for spring compressor but this side the link comes forward by about a cm but then stops.

I've got the spring compressor fitted but also checked its not the wind in bolts from that catching inside the fork link washers or bush. None of the parts seem to be seized either as looking through the holes when the compressor is off you can see them move around.

Something is catching on something but I cant tell what but I'm as certain as I can be that its not the spring or the compressor arms!.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

you shouldn't need a spring compressor anyway for GP links and balls. Can you remove the ball OK?
Scootering since 1968.
fluff34567

Get a friend to tap the link hook with a piece of wood and a hammer as you compress the spring.
Snails

fluff34567 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:04 am Get a friend to tap the link hook with a piece of wood and a hammer as you compress the spring.
That did it :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information