Only runs with choke on.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Hi all, after being off the road for a while I’ve spent the last few days sorting out my RB250. I’ve replaced the rear hub bearing and seal and checked the 5 speed box and clutch. Other than that I’ve not touched anything else enginewise. It started within 15 kicks but revs quite high and will only run with the choke on. As soon as the the choke is off it dies and will only restart with the it on again. Can anyone advise please as I have an MOT booked for this afternoon. Thanks in advance Pete.
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Sounds very much like an air leak to me, have a look around at the carb manifold, mounting rubbers and exhaust manifold. Hopefully it's one of those things rather than a crank seal.

Maybe also a blocked jet from standing?
10 inch Terror

Ok cheers, I’ll whip the carb off 1st. Then check for leaks. It was running perfectly prior to going off the road. Thanks Pete.
10 inch Terror

I whipped the carb off and it was gummed up. A quick clean and it’s all good again. I love a happy ending.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information