Heavy LTH clutch.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Hi all, how light should an LTH clutch feel at the lever? I’ve got one fitted and it’s never been particularly light. It’s now after not using the scoot for a while gone really heavy. I’ve had it all apart today whilst I was doing a cyclone inspection and it all seems fine. I’m using an MB nylon lined correctly routed cable but it’s still much heavier than the BGM clutch I use in another scoot. Any ideas or feedback would be most welcome. Thanks in advance Pete.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

I have fitted standard lambretta clutch springs into the LTH in the combo without any problems. It has since completed the Derby 150 so any problems would have surfaced during that.
soulsurfer

Have you fitted a new complete cable, if not I’d recommend it before stripping your clutch, there’s not much inside the casing that’s gonna change the pressure at the lever.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
10 inch Terror

I had to take the clutch apart anyway to inspect my gearbox and change my hub bearing. I’ve fitted some softer springs and changed the inner and outer clutch cable. It’s a lot better now but not mega light like my BGM clutch fitted to another scoot. I’ll just have to live with it.
Scoot
Main scooter: Lambretta Jet200

10 inch Terror wrote:I had to take the clutch apart anyway to inspect my gearbox and change my hub bearing. I’ve fitted some softer springs and changed the inner and outer clutch cable. It’s a lot better now but not mega light like my BGM clutch fitted to another scoot. I’ll just have to live with it.
I've a BGM clutch and was thinking of changing to an LTH. Interesting to see that you seem to be comparing the LTH with the BGM and that you seem to prefer the BGM? I haven't used the LTH so can't comment, but can say that I'm not impressed with the BGM at all. I took out a 5 plate reedspeed clutch to fit the BGM and yes the BGM is clearly a quality made clutch and looks the part, but I wouldn't say it works any better than the reedspeed and the BGM drags, which the reedspeed didn't. I wouldn't buy another.

You have me questioning if LTH is the way to go??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
10 inch Terror

They both work perfectly but I’ve found the LTH to be a bit on the heavy side. As for the Readdpeed what a great clutch for the money.
Scoot
Main scooter: Lambretta Jet200

10 inch Terror wrote:They both work perfectly but I’ve found the LTH to be a bit on the heavy side. As for the Readdpeed what a great clutch for the money.
I've had nothing but trouble with the BGM dragging. Ended up fitting a shorter clutch arm and a different lever that I have filled down so that it opens further and gives more travel. Together they have just about cured the drag.

Yes for £35 you can't go wrong with the reedspeed Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information