Stuck on engine decisions

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Not normal dan wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:06 pm
Burnside wrote:GT186, a GT 60/110 crank, PHBH30 and a Franspeed Race (all available from RichT direct or Eden), Li150 16/46 gearing. Got this setup in one of mine and it flies..but is also still rideable around town. Will happily cruise at 60/65 all day with another 10+ for overtaking. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others
What ignition kit and clutch are you running??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SIL electronic kit from SR converted to DC, static timing 17 degrees, 2kg flywheel, Readspeed 5 plate clutch. 4.5k miles so far, ride it every day to work and rallies, no issues
Not normal dan
Main scooter: Scomadi/Li150

So many choices lol, like I say I'll mainly use me gts on a daily and rallies etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I've got both an Imola and RB20 kitted scoots. Both are hard work to keep in the power and aren't much fun lower down the rev range. Great for blasting around on short runs on open roads but certainly not a daily workhorse. My next build will be a GT186 as they are supposed to be more useable but with a respectable power output if required. Depending on what you want from your Scoot I'd give the GT a serious consideration.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

If you go for an Imola and you're upgrading your crank then I'd go for the 58 x 116 version with piston to suit. Mine is ok around town but a blast on country roads. Gearing and exhaust matching are critical, with a race exhaust don't drop below 5.2 final drive.

RB20 has to use 58 x 116 crank as standard. I'd say the RB20 has the edge in performance but there's less choice exhaust wise as the exhaust port is at a different angle.
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Built 6 ....186 cc Mugellos over the past 2 years and must confess as good as a TS1 on a small block, plenty of power through the range and seem bulletproof. We have just finished a 186 Casa to see how that runs. TBH there's too much choice now out there and i guess within the next 2 years small block performance will only get more technical, only concern being the limitations to the restr of a scooter requiring thicker and stronger layshafts, better suspension systems, go to tubeless tyres and hydraulic braking which can double the costs .....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information