Carbon end can muffler

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mawso

Is there a 2 stroke bike carbon muffler that is 3 stud and fits the Chiselspeed ADS/AF NK pipes? The standard endcan does nothing to dull noise, seen JL/Franspeed carbon cans...do they fit? Not sure they do much to quieten things though. PM do one that sounds fairly quiet, again would that fit and are diameters for baffle the same? Had seen the Arrow carbon can, looks a bit long but with a brace it would be ok as long it fits stud pattern? Cheers :)
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

The franspeed cans don't fit the ads 3 or5 they are smaller i have both and tried it
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

mawso wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:17 pm Is there a 2 stroke bike carbon muffler that is 3 stud and fits the Chiselspeed ADS/AF NK pipes? The standard endcan does nothing to dull noise, seen JL/Franspeed carbon cans...do they fit? Not sure they do much to quieten things though. PM do one that sounds fairly quiet, again would that fit and are diameters for baffle the same? Had seen the Arrow carbon can, looks a bit long but with a brace it would be ok as long it fits stud pattern? Cheers :)
The TSR end can fits the ADS pipes
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
mawso

Cheers Gary, can rule them out then, friend has a JL4 with one and it's loud, could be the thin skin of pipe not sure, but the PM one's sound quiet.

Thanks Toddy, are TSR ones the Taffy style copies? Think they can be opened with circlip and packed up more?
Toddy

mawso wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:30 pm Cheers Gary, can rule them out then, friend has a JL4 with one and it's loud, could be the thin skin of pipe not sure, but the PM one's sound quiet.

Thanks Toddy, are TSR ones the Taffy style copies? Think they can be opened with circlip and packed up more?
Yes thems the ones, easy to re pack , I think I may of had to slot slightly one of the holes on the early ADS but the new one I got last year bolted straight on
Muttley McLadd

The Arrow end cans I had on my RS were only two bolt, rather than three.
Can you still get Dave Swarbrick end cans? They're quite long. But light.
CakeAndArseParty
mawso

Probably looking at the TSR cans now as they're repackable, can sacrifice carbon I suppose. How old was the NK/ADS Toddy that the end can fitted perfect? Been reading that both AF and Chiselspeed have found new manufacturers. New pictures look like end of pipe angles up higher and doesn't turn in towards panel anymore? Want to raise angle of tailpipe and have muffle run straight on mine if it's possible to adjust...like you can with Taffspeeds.

The arrow ones looked mint though lol!

What are the Darryl Taylor ones from?
Toddy

mawso wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:39 pm Probably looking at the TSR cans now as they're repackable, can sacrifice carbon I suppose. How old was the NK/ADS Toddy that the end can fitted perfect? Been reading that both AF and Chiselspeed have found new manufacturers. New pictures look like end of pipe angles up higher and doesn't turn in towards panel anymore? Want to raise angle of tailpipe and have muffle run straight on mine if it's possible to adjust...like you can with Taffspeeds.

The arrow ones looked mint though lol!

What are the Darryl Taylor ones from?
Fitted one to an ADS 3 this year that was the new batch though at Chiselspeed , the older one that needed slighty slotting was @ 2 years old
The design on the new ADS 3 is very similar yto the old one the way the pipe angles run , just looks better made and has a better fastening system on the sharks fin
Treeman
Main scooter: GP 225 TS1

Just fitted a TSR end can to my Fresco, it's end can was falling to bits after about 1K miles. It looks, sounds and runs better and cost a tenner less, result!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information