Performance additions

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Geocamper
Main scooter: Tv175 S2- Li 150 S2 Eibar

Hiya Guys,
Running a standard series 2 Tv 175 but I'm looking to upgrade the exhaust and carburettor for that little extra pull on the hills. At the moment I feel she's being strangled by the standard set up.
I'm running the original carb(MB21 BS5) and also the standard innocenti series 2 exhaust.
I'm not looking to burst the bank as I'm currently hemarraging money on another lambretta project!!
What carburettor and exhaust would be a nice set up with a 175?
Lamaddict

Maybe just put in the better 20mm Dellorto and better Series 3 standard exhaust. Fundamentally the TV175 is great for everything, even climbing hills etc.
Scoot
Main scooter: Lambretta Jet200

An ignition kit is an easy fit and not too expensive. Not massive gains but worth doing imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
kevspeed

Mine is a 59 model running the 23mm carb,all ive changed is the exhaust,for a 42mm clubman
The difference is noticed straight away. Also upjetted to 115 main,a fraction rich but better safe than sorry.
vegansydney

If you're running a MB21-BS5 and assuming the scooter is original, you're most likely running the most strangled airbox/air scoop combo in Innocenti production. I'd highly recommend swapping these for late S1/early TV/2 'wide neck' versions and jetting to suit.

Is the exhaust an original TV/2 item with the larger holes in the 'mushroom' baffle? Or it a more restricted LI/2 one? Or even generic reproduction S1/S2 exhaust with unknown characteristics.

As recommended above, a freer flowing exhaust, such as a GP/dl without the 'mushroom' baffle, will also help.

I've recently returned from a 720km spin on my TV/2 running a Mikuni TM 24 through a 'wide neck' airbox and scoop with BGM filter, Casa S2 Clubman and 2kg flywheel and I'm happy with the both performance and economy.

If you're looking for an easy alternative to the MB21-BS5, a SH2/22 (or Scootopia equivalent) is a straight swap onto the existing TV/2 manifold if you swap the nylon inlet bush for a MB21 type.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I've got a series 2 Li 125 with a Casa 185 top end using a Dellorto PHBL 25mm carb running through the airbox.The original airbox had a small neck so I swapped it for a series 3 with a larger neck and the elbow inside cut out.I also use a Scootopia type Ancillotti clubman.The airbox fit ok and it runs great.
Tony Hart
Main scooter: Lambretta S2

HxPaul wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:14 pm I've got a series 2 Li 125 with a Casa 185 top end using a Dellorto PHBL 25mm carb running through the airbox.The original airbox had a small neck so I swapped it for a series 3 with a larger neck and the elbow inside cut out.I also use a Scootopia type Ancillotti clubman.The airbox fit ok and it runs great.
what jetting are you using Paul? Thinking of getting a 25mm carb as a replacement on the same set up

Tony
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Hi.I cant remember what the jets are,but the atomiser is an AQ268 and the needle is a D29 on the second clip down.
Tony Hart
Main scooter: Lambretta S2

Cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information