GP/dl clutch: which one is correct?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
vegansydney

Which of these two diagrams are correct? Specifically, I'm interested in the bottom section where the actuator arm is mounted to the shaft.

In regards to first image, from the Home Workshop Manual, there are circlips above and below actuator lever. I thought this only applied to LI/TV/SX clutches (though, happy to be corrected!). This image is also missing 10mm E-clip, so uncertain if rest is correct.

The second image, appropriated from Scooter Restorations' website, seems to be correct, but is also missing the 10mm E-clip so doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

ImageImage
soulsurfer

Top one is GP
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
vegansydney

So circlips on top and bottom of the clutch actuator '9' --as per the first diagram?

I thought this set up was unique to LI/TV/SX clutches? Wouldn't the top circlip foul the housing for bronze bush on the chain cover when the clutch is pulled? Or am I missing something?
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

If you fit a top circlip to the shaft above the actuator it will foul the casing.The E clip seems to serve no purpose as far as I can tell as it doesn't sit up against the inner casing shaft housing.
vegansydney

wack 63 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:00 pm If you fit a top circlip to the shaft above the actuator it will foul the casing.
THANK YOU! This is what I assumed. I asked the question initially as was thrown by diagram in Home Workshop Manual. Thanks again for clarifying.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

That's one of those parts that's kinda glossed over in Sticky's book as well. Seems like I'm always looking for old photos of how it lays out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information