Fitting and setting up trail tech vapor

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bensmith225
Main scooter: Lambretta gp monza 225

Got sick of constantly replacing speedo drives only to have a window wiper for a speedo so I've decided to buy a vapor, has anybody got any tips or pictures for mounting the magnet and sensor, and setting the rolling circumference Is confusing me a little so if anyone has the right numbers to put in It would help me out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Just throwing this out there but why not get a SIP speedo? All the info is here as well as multiple videos showing how to set them up. I have 2 of them and have set up more for other people. They are totally reliable if set up correctly and apart from the clock loosing time haven't had any issues with them. They do a magnet sensor too.

If I remember correctly the Vapor requires a special headset top.

To answer your question, I have seen the magnet mounted on the back of the hub stud and the sensor on the rear shock mount. The rolling circumference is just the distance around the outside of the tire. Once you have that number plugged in you'll be be close. You will have to adjust it slightly due to weight load and air pressure.
Bensmith225

The vapor has temperature warning lights and shift light and is a hell of a lot easier to see everything on it than the sip one , fitting the speedo in the headset top isn't an issue I'll just weld a recess for it. I just wondered what numbers people were getting to see if my calculations are anywhere near I'm mainly interested in seeing how people have mounted the sensor as I'm still torn between fitting it on the forks and fitting
It on the rear wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Image Here's how the sensor was mounted Image
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

they do look nice in the proper headset
Bensmith225

Cheers for that I've managed to mount it in a similar way but through the anti dive arm on the other side.

Bensmith225

Got it all set up and running, measured the rolling circumference and got 1275mm and it seems to be running about 10mph slower that it should be

Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Bensmith225 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:17 pm Got it all set up and running, measured the rolling circumference and got 1275mm and it seems to be running about 10mph slower that it should be

Try 1265 and see how that changes it. It should get you closer to accurate. I had to do the same thing with my SIP and checked it against my phone GPS until they were dead on.
Bensmith225

Cheers I'll give it a go later

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information