Stand problem

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
robofleeds
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150 Series 3

I'm having trouble with the stand on my Series 3 Li150, which hangs too low when it is in the raised position to the point where it trails on the ground when I am cornering. I have fitted a new spring but still having the same problem. Any advice most welcome :) ! PS it's been like it since I bought it as a total refurb so the stand was probably new a year ago.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Take it all of and start again. Something might be bent stand Strutt etc. Is the spring the correct one?
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

normally the spring is very hard to fit, i would suspect if its just the same with a different spring then the part the spring hooks onto on the stand is in the wrong place, maybe its been manufactured incorrectly ?
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Stand problems are often an indication of problems with the frame cross member, rather than the stand or spring.

There can be all sorts of issues with cross members breaking away from the frame tube, or stand-hook retaining hook bolts pulling through the cross member. It often need welding.

When the stand is deployed, does the scooter sit well on the stand, or is it still wobbly?
Martin
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

I would source an original stand. Check that it sits as per the photograph in Sticky's manual. Rear runners off and fit the stand and fit the spring before refitting rear runners.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Knowledge wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:37 pm Stand problems are often an indication of problems with the frame cross member, rather than the stand or spring.

There can be all sorts of issues with cross members breaking away from the frame tube, or stand-hook retaining hook bolts pulling through the cross member.
:idea:
C’est la vie
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

While where on this subject what difference is there between series 1 & 2 stands and series 3 ,height wise and are they wider etc if you put a pair side by side , just curious ?
Leo
Main scooter: Lambretta

I've had a few springs recently that were not hardened correctly and the hooked ends bent straight or they were tight when you fitted them but after one or two uses became slack and too long.

That said you need a good cross member to get a good operating stand. check the bolt holes are not pulled and see if it has some stand strengthening plates fitted. Just thick plate with 8mm holes in them.

Sereis 1&2 stands are wider than series 3 etc. similar height.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information