Belt Drive

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I'm installing a belt drive in the next motor but a little confused as to the front sprocket arrangement. I don't have and can't find any instructions anywhere - anyone got them or know how it goes together?

I'm presuming that the oil thrower and drive sleeve go on as normal then the sprocket but what next?

There seems to be a bit missing.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/133610608@N06/y2NmYL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Stampede
Main scooter: SX200

Perhaps the original spring and top hat?
rosscla

Stampede wrote:Perhaps the original spring and top hat?
Spring doesn't fit on the sprocket and the only way I can see the top hat bit working is inverted.

"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Was this bought from a dealer ? is it a full kit or have you bought individual parts ?
rosscla

mick1 wrote:Was this bought from a dealer ? is it a full kit or have you bought individual parts ?
All bought from CamLam a year or so back - have emailed them too and am awaiting a response.

corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

rosscla

Cheers Martin, I'd seen that but it doesn't show the damn thing assembled.

I'm sure I'm missing a bit - not had any response from enquiry via Cam Lam website so will ring them tomorrow.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

I think it's correct looking at the large image on camlams page however..... Image

Looking closely at the sprocket, in the image it's got 2 edges to keep the belt on the sprocket, yours does not :shock: :shock:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133610608 ... 137084371/
Donnie.
rosscla

I believe the images on the printed document shown as above and on the website are a prototype.

I see what you mean about the additional lip though in the actual parts. I hadn't noticed that before.

Mine looks much more like the version in the pic corrado posted.

Definitely looks like I'm missing a bit.

Cheers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information