BGM non adjustable dampers

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
john.t5

Bough a set of these for my GP and they seem to be about 10mm too short when fully extended and the front wheel is off the ground - To fit I need to get someone slightly heavier than me to sit on the scooter. They are indian forks with, I assume, factory fitted brackets. Any thoughts? Do I fit them like this or not???

Ta
John
shocky

What are your mounting point centers

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
john.t5

I'll check when I get home.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

john.t5 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:10 pm Bough a set of these for my GP and they seem to be about 10mm too short when fully extended and the front wheel is off the ground - To fit I need to get someone slightly heavier than me to sit on the scooter. They are indian forks with, I assume, factory fitted brackets. Any thoughts? Do I fit them like this or not???

Ta
John
So when you fit them and the scooters on it's stand the spring pressure will be on the dampers. I would check this out because something is not right.
john.t5

Distance is 248mm
Yeah when on the stand they would be at full extension being forced apart by the springs.
john.t5

Damper holes are 235mm centre to centre.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information