GRP Panels

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

I have read a couple of posts about fibreglass panels in different places. Has anybody got any experience with them? How they fit, do they flex, issues with painting etc. I have to replace the right hand side panel as previous owner cut a piece out for the exhaust fitment. Also the legshield has had holes drilled for crash bars at some point. I am going to strip the lammy down after the summer and replace a few parts. I hear the fibreglass ones from GRP Scooter Parts are very good and I am not precious about maintaining metal over alternatives. Just looking for something that fits well and looks good.
Andy W
Main scooter: GP 186 Imola

I have GRP items from Chris at GRP Scooter Products and the fit is excellent, the panels fit better than my metal ones. I have had no trouble with painting them and they weigh a lot less than metal ones.
Andy
challenger

Id love to get some of these panels from Chris as well but I’ve run out of patience waiting for a reply from him.
Boreham
Main scooter: GP225

I have the GRP vented panels (street racer in show us your scoots section) perfect fit as mould is a genuine panel, painted all fine.
Chris is a real craftsman and made the one off front panel also fitted, good service with a 3-4 week turnaround.
PM me and i can give you his mobile if that helps
gaz_powell

Theres another supplier out there, lad called mark hodgkinson (east midlands area). Very good stuff. He's on Facebook, something like lambretta and vespa fibre future
Blenks

Thanks for the comments. I've been in contact with Chris and he has agreed to let me go to his workshop to have a look at some of his stuff. I have only heard good things about his panels and my main concern is painting. Seems that is not a problem. I will post an update after I've viewed them.
Blenks

So, I have bought the two Li side panels and a front mudguard. Only tried the left side panel and it is spot on. Can't fit the right side yet due to the exhaust fouling (soon to be replaced with a 42mm clubman). Not fitted the mudguard yet either waiting til it's stripped down later in the year. The parts are excellent quality, when I picked mine up Chris showed me some other stuff he had including leg shields. I was very surprised how good they were. I would not have any issues recommended these panels. Chris is a really nice guy and obviously knows his stuff. If your considering GRP go for it or at least give him call and discuss what your after.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

challenger wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:26 pm Id love to get some of these panels from Chris as well but I’ve run out of patience waiting for a reply from him.
I have just bought a GP headset top with space for Viper Trail tech, absolutely spot on - a work of art. I have also find out that if you email him he takes ages to answer but if you go to his website and contact via that he answers very quickly. He must get notifications quicker via his website. Hope that helps :D
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

I got him immediately using FB messenger
challenger

Chris did eventually reply to my first Mail, I sent him details as to the parts I require and everything has gone quite again.
Getting to this stage has taken 5 weeks, I am still waiting for an answer regarding pricing.
I asked about a rear frame with moulded GP panels, not as special as complete one off parts and shouldn’t be hard to calculate .
I now need another set of panels, leggies and mudguard for another scooter on top so I will keep trying.
Disapointed though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information