SS240

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

So.. I have bought the casa case and other trinkets with a 62x110 crank.

I am thinking of going down the SS240 route but living out in the sticks, petrol economy is important.

Not because i`m a tight arse but because petrol stations a few and far between over the mountains here in Norway.

I converted my ts1 by lowering the ports and fitted a TMX 30mm and been very happy with it.

The nikasil on the TS is looking worse for wear and I wonderd if you peeps would think the ss225 kit with a similar set up would would be overkill with a touring pipe and small carb?

What other kits are worth considering for fast touring but are also fun if I fancy a evening blatt chasing down big bikes on back country lanes?
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

You'll get a few different replies but I can't fault my Avanti kit. I feel confidant at doing a steady 70 mph and it's still got a bit left to overtake. Will do 80 plus under the right conditions
Fux

That looks like a nice kit.

Initially I was looking at the more modern (more than 4 bolt head) but i suppose its not needed here because I imagine it runs cooler and I like the recessed head arrangement.

Is the carb on the left hand side? buying a new tank will push the price a little high for a non reed kit (imo)
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Mate of mine has just got an SS225 with all the recommended settings on the road.

Miles per gallon - sorry litre - on a par with my RB250 race engine so probably one of the last options to choose in your situation.

Goes rather well though....
Did you have to do that?
Fux

I think fuel usage has a lot to do with carb/pipe combo too though. I made a massive improvement with the tmx30/ADS3 setup and dont realy notice much difference in power to be honest compared with my mate who have big carbe and race pipes.

Over here its all hills and twisties, so its not often that we are on full whack.
coaster

If you are wanting economy with plenty of grunt for getting up mountain roads I can recommend the GT 240 kit
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

As Coaster says, what about the GT240 kit? PHBH30 with left hand exit as well
Fux

That looks like what i need.

Is the carb solid mount? Alu cylinder? and where can I buy one?

I
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

rich t or eden will sell you one if you look on the gt threads and send them a pm
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Fux wrote:That looks like a nice kit.

Initially I was looking at the more modern (more than 4 bolt head) but i suppose its not needed here because I imagine it runs cooler and I like the recessed head arrangement.

Is the carb on the left hand side? buying a new tank will push the price a little high for a non reed kit (imo)
L/H side. I've helped put 4 kits together and had no problems or issues. As a "bolt-on" out of the box kit it does what it says.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information