SS240

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

GT kit
mick1 wrote:As a "bolt-on" out of the box kit it does what it says.
+1
C’est la vie
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

Interesting, this might highlight a compatibility issue with Casa cranks and cases. The GT240's use an 18mm wrist pin in the piston. Please check that the Casa conrod has a 22mm diametre small end. If not you'll be restricted to kits with 16mm pins or replace the casa rod with a GT rod if they are dimensionally interchangable.
Stokie

Fux wrote:So.. I have bought the casa case and other trinkets with a 62x110 crank.
Fux wrote: Is the carb on the left hand side? buying a new tank will push the price a little high for a non reed kit (imo)
Confused as to why you would spend big dollar on a Casa case, crank etc and
1. Be undecided as to which kit to use and ...
2. Be counting the pennies when looking at the possibility of buying a new tank?!?!?!
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

Nothing to be confused about Stokie,

Its about me having the worlds shortest season. I need a usable scooter ASAP.

Intialy I was just going to transfer my ts1 but fancy something different and it has done a lot of miles. I think my piston is dying too after the sparkplug screwed itself out and I have alu speks on the plug. Luckely caught it before it went bang but havnt had the time to strip it yet because of work,

The casa case purchace is more about doing something even more different at a later date like a 305 or twin.

In hindsite, I would have gone for a GT case and 240 kit, as it seems the best out there at the mo for what I use the scoot for.

Rich,

Is there no way another 70mm piston will fit with the gt240 cylinder?
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

Nope, not without major surgery to the piston. The modified TS250er piston is shortened by 5mm and has windows machined in it. The compression height from centre of pin to top edge of piston is 34mm. You could ask MB if they have a conversion piston of some sort or you could make some top hat bushes for the piston (I have a drawing for these somewhere, and the last lot I made, David Blythe bought them all several years ago).
YAMLAM

David Blythe
what ever happened to him?
He made some very interesting posts , Sorry to hijack your post .
win or lose have a booze
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Last time I saw Dave he seemed to have been doing more miles on his bike. This was bumping into him at Wicksteed Park a few years back. He was chatty and still seemed to be the nice bloke that I'd always taken him for. Perhaps he's just drifted away from the scene for a while... but many find themselves boomeranging back at some stage :)
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

I follow David on FB, and he occasionally posts about properties that he is building or renovating, but nothing about scooters. I know that he stopped and re-assessed what was important in life, but I don't think there was a conscious decision to stop scootering.

As Adam suggests, perhaps he will find time for his Lambrettas again. If he does, I look forward to shaking his filthy hand once more.
Martin
eden
Dealer

He still owes me a clutch spider :(

Lol
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

Bridged or Non-Bridged?
Pros and Cons.
Discuss. :lol:

SF
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic