inboard hydraulic brake

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

The inboard hydraulic master cylinder I'm trying to fit is supposed to be behind the horncast on my series 3 tv. It came mounted to a bracket that bolts to the horn mounting stud and fits snug around the frame tube under the horncast. Has anyone fitted one to a series 3? My problem is the reservoir fluid is stored in a rubber tube connected to a long chrome pipe which mounts upright underneath the frame bracket where my cables are running. When in place the cables are pulled with each turn of the handlebar, not enough room. Could I get away with removing the upright chrome tube and just leaving the rubber pipe with something blocking the top of it?
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Almost every race bike from about 1990 until now uses about 6 inches of rubber tube with a stopper as a reservoir for the rear brake.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

^ what Hendy says, but use clear pipe so you can see how much fluid is in it. I don't think I have had to top up my reservoir since 2009.
Martin
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

I've removed the chrome tube from the rubber pipe and everything fits! The bolt that seals the chrome tube threads perfectly onto the pipe as well so I'm good to go. Thank you Hendy and Martin for the advice, much appreciated!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information