NK Road v ADS 3

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mawso

Going through all the umms and ahhs of what to use building up an engine, what gearbox, what link chain, what size crank and all the rest, sorted everything I want to use apart from pipe. Had bought an ADS3 and decided to go 4.5 SX200 16/46. Scooterhelp's gear calculator shows 67mph at 6k revs, if it could get to 7k revs on the road then it'd make 79mph. The ADS3 wont rev to 7k on the road will it? But the NK road/rally will and a bit more, but can it pull 4.5 gearing? Looking at pictures of both pipes they look very similar apart from a small difference after what I guess you would say is U bend/header where on ADS3 it's straighter and a touch longer and on NK road/rally there's a small angle change and tube length is wee bit shorter...this will have an effect on bottom end pull/torque wont it? Anyone on here using the NK with a tall gearbox and how do you get on with it? Cheers :)
joespeed

i use an nk on my gp, af close ratio 22 x 46 final drive pulls 8700 in every gear but no wind or your in 3rd,
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

mawso wrote:Going through all the umms and ahhs of what to use building up an engine, what gearbox, what link chain, what size crank and all the rest, sorted everything I want to use apart from pipe. Had bought an ADS3 and decided to go 4.5 SX200 16/46. Scooterhelp's gear calculator shows 67mph at 6k revs, if it could get to 7k revs on the road then it'd make 79mph. The ADS3 wont rev to 7k on the road will it? But the NK road/rally will and a bit more, but can it pull 4.5 gearing? Looking at pictures of both pipes they look very similar apart from a small difference after what I guess you would say is U bend/header where on ADS3 it's straighter and a touch longer and on NK road/rally there's a small angle change and tube length is wee bit shorter...this will have an effect on bottom end pull/torque wont it? Anyone on here using the NK with a tall gearbox and how do you get on with it? Cheers :)
I originally wanted an ADS3 for my gt kit but they seem to have stopped making them, so if you go with the NK and want to sell the ads let me know, maybe do a deal. ?
Donnie.
mawso

If I do decide to let it go Donnie, I'll let you know first mate, still not sure whether to give it a go or not.

Hi Joe, what gear ratio does that give you, it doesn't have the AF box listed on Scooterhelp gear calculator. Does it pull well low done when bike's loaded up? If 7K is 79mph then 8.7k must be fun.

Have an RS Clubman that pulls well and revs onto about 8k, went well LI150 16/46 4.8 not sure it would pull 4.5 gearing though.
joespeed

af box is same ratio in top as indian gp. off pipe below 6k good fun to ride with the bikes at squires!
YAMLAM

I believe the AF close ratio box uses Indian GP3rd and 4th gears (loose and X-mas tree) so 22 x 46 gives 4.18 o/all ratio.
win or lose have a booze
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I think they're remaking the ADS but through a different manufacturer [or is that AF with the NK exhausts] but now only list 2 exhausts, the ADS rally / touring and the ADS fast road / race. You'd be better off speaking direct to them [Chiselspeed] to see if the rally is the same pipe as the ADS3.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

My ADS3 pulls 7,000 on the road with 4.7 gearing, Li 150 with 17 x 47. Mugello 225 with LTH reed valve. I plan on going 17 x 46 for 4.6 and pretty sure it'll still pull that easily but I am only 10 stone.
RobD

Running a gt186 with sx200 15x46 and ads 3 and have seen 72mph gps with more to give with panniers and a bag on back and 13st of me. No rev counter unfortunately so can't tell you what it stops at. Going to go 16x46, pretty sure it will pull it ok
Fruitjuice

I run a Monza 225 with TMX30 and 16x46 with SX200 gearing (4.6?)and it pulled it easily in top gear and seems to rev out too.
Curently rebuilding engine but am contemplating going to 17/46 with an Li150 Gearbox (4.4?)
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information