NK Road v ADS 3

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

While we are on the brick wall, you don`t really meet it because you rally dont have to rev its tits off.

Sound... hmm... it a bit pling pling pling but hums ok once up to speed.
mawso

I'm sort of in right ball park with set up then - Mugello 225 with an Atomic mini reed...looks a copy of LTH/MB mini. Had a stage 4 tune and exhaust is 186 degrees, transfers 128 degrees. Crank is 60/110 so takes it up to 230cc. Gonna run it with an M-Tech retarder and set timing to 21 degrees with to help with launch/bottom end.

Want to use a Dellorto VHST 28 same as what Aprilia RS125 uses...have a 30 VHSH that I'll be willing to swap if anyone's interested?
mawso

Had a chance to test my newly built engine, with ADS3 and 16/46 SX200 which is about 4.5 final ratio...pulls away fine, takes off in fact, pulls from low down in all gears fine...well up to a point in 4th. 4th wont rev about 1/4 throttle so looks like I've overgeared it. Was hoping for nice rounded set up. Have an M-tech set at 21 static for bottom end, 60mm crank to increase CC/Torque, Version 1 Muggy stage 4'd by Chiselspeed with mini reed, boost port and piston windows. Squish of 1.2mm. Gonna try a mates's Taff Mk4 before changing anything internal and have 47 and 48 crownwheels to try and adjust gearing. Port timings currently 186 exhaust and 128 transfers, with a 1.5mm packer...should I look at lowering barrel to adjust timings maybe?
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

mawso wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:35 pm Had a chance to test my newly built engine, with ADS3 and 16/46 SX200 which is about 4.5 final ratio...pulls away fine, takes off in fact, pulls from low down in all gears fine...well up to a point in 4th. 4th wont rev about 1/4 throttle so looks like I've overgeared it. Was hoping for nice rounded set up. Have an M-tech set at 21 static for bottom end, 60mm crank to increase CC/Torque, Version 1 Muggy stage 4'd by Chiselspeed with mini reed, boost port and piston windows. Squish of 1.2mm. Gonna try a mates's Taff Mk4 before changing anything internal and have 47 and 48 crownwheels to try and adjust gearing. Port timings currently 186 exhaust and 128 transfers, with a 1.5mm packer...should I look at lowering barrel to adjust timings maybe?
I ran a TS1 230 with a taffy mk4 with 4.46 gearing and didn't like it . To much load on clutch ...slipping and it makes the motor labour which makes it run a lot hotter till it eventually seized ! The highest you ever should go is 4.6 IMHO
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

I would run that on 4.9 at least even 5.2 as af recommend for there set ups I would also try it with static 17 dg that will tell you if the m tech is set up right at high rpm
B1kegrim
Main scooter: Lambretta

Useful thread this. I’m currently messing about with a TS1 230 and pacemaker Box at 19/46 (4.45) with a Supertourer but it doesn’t like to rev out in top and inclines kill the revs so looking at either dropping a tooth on the front or trying a BGM v4 Clubman to see if it pulls top. Not after top speed just drive-ability. Maybe I should be looking at the Ads 3?

Just out of interest Fux I would be interested to learn your jetting on the TMX 30 and to know whether you are using the powerjet or not
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

My ts230 runs on 4.9 li150 46x16 pushes out 25hp and 20fbt with the ads5 road race I tried the supertourer and it dosent come on till 5000rpm and below that crap I've had an ads3 on my rb200 and picks up from low revs but only up to 7000rpm so put franspeed race on that and transformed it the rb is also on 4.9
B1kegrim

I run my tweaked Rapido with MB reed at 4.9 with a gp200 Box and I love it but I also have a 283 running Li150 with 19/46 (4.12) and much prefer the lower revving engine for doing the distances so I’m trying to get the right gearing on the TS1 for the rallies/Euro this year and use a 30mm for fuel economy.
B1kegrim

Sorry Mawso for hijacking the thread a bit with my post above. I can’t really provide any advice sorry so I’ll look forward to seeing what others suggest
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

B1kegrim wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:56 pm Useful thread this. I’m currently messing about with a TS1 230 and pacemaker Box at 19/46 (4.45) with a Supertourer but it doesn’t like to rev out in top and inclines kill the revs so looking at either dropping a tooth on the front or trying a BGM v4 Clubman to see if it pulls top. Not after top speed just drive-ability. Maybe I should be looking at the Ads 3?

Just out of interest Fux I would be interested to learn your jetting on the TMX 30 and to know whether you are using the powerjet or not
Hi, My carb and motor are on the bench so I can have a look at what jets I have in as I can`t remember off the top of my head.
I rode to a rally alone this year on the set up but it was a little weak on the long hills and started pinking but I have a handlebar choke and tempararily cured the mid range weakness just to try and get me home (1200km`s)

I am waiting for a SS240 from chisselspeed and I bought a 5 slide (four is standard) and a larger atonomiser. And yes I`m running with the power jet.

Apart from the weak spot on the long hills (mountains) it runs great. no sign of pinking on the piston and cylinder is still good to go, so I think the choke saved me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information