NK Road v ADS 3

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mawso

Thanks for the replies. Rob D & Fruitjuice are those set ups running the NK or the ADS3 pipe?

Rang AF the other afternoon and got an answer, but was then told to call back after 5 to speak to Ben and get a detailed reply ...tried for 2 days with no joy! I was told though that the NK's have just been redesigned as Corrado says.

If ADS3 will reach 7K on the road then I'll be happy, just seems a waste of rest of set up if it will max out at 6 - 6.5K and the NK will pull the gearing and rev on further. 14 stone, 6' 2" so am a streamlined racing snake lol!
Fruitjuice

Running ADS3...forgot to mention... ADS3 had limited ground clearance over speedbumps and on fast righthand turns...
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
RobD

Also ADS3, haven't had any problems with ground clearance on bends but agree it catches when getting on and off the lifting bench and riding up and down kerbs is to be avoided
Fruitjuice

RobD wrote:...haven't had any problems with ground clearance on bends...
I am known to take corners pretty fastish....
Problem is also that the main chamber is too close to the main stand strut so a longer (Series2) rear shock can't be used unless you dent the exhaust.......
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

I`m currantly running the ADS Touring, which I belive to be the ads3.

TS1 230 60x110 crankshaft
TMX 30
cyclone5 v3?
47x20 sprockets which gives me 4.6 final

Its feking brilliant! Sits on the motorway at 100km/h in fith @4-4500 revs and hums all day
Way more pull than the disintigrated BGM clubman I had on before.
mawso

Cheers Fux, more positive views on using this pipe :)

Last weekend at Cleethorpes was talking to a fella using an ADS3 with 16/46 SX200 and his mate who was pulling 4.4 with a Taffy MK4 both seemed really happy. One of my mates was running 16/46 SX200 Taffy MK4 TS1 with MB stage 2 touring tune and a 34 flatslide Dellorto...he's 15 stone and another mate on back is 14 stone and they had no trouble keeping up with everyone else.

Low revving, torque and tall gears is way forward.

Lad with ADS3 had a carbon JL/Franspeed end can and didn't sound too loud, something like that might be next purchase.
camel

mawso wrote:Cheers Fux, more positive views on using this pipe :)

Last weekend at Cleethorpes was talking to a fella using an ADS3 with 16/46 SX200 and his mate who was pulling 4.4 with a Taffy MK4 both seemed really happy. One of my mates was running 16/46 SX200 Taffy MK4 TS1 with MB stage 2 touring tune and a 34 flatslide Dellorto...he's 15 stone and another mate on back is 14 stone and they had no trouble keeping up with everyone else.

Low revving, torque and tall gears is way forward.

Lad with ADS3 had a carbon JL/Franspeed end can and didn't sound too loud, something like that might be next purchase.
Ive been there...dont forget shifting up your 4th gear massivly also shifts up your first,and can lead to initial pulling away problems/a lot of clutch slipping....i ran my ads3 at 4.4...yes it could pull it in the right condition...i was on a pacemaker box...using the li 125 box however with a really high ratio first made taking off far more easier at 4.4....ive since dropped a tooth on the front sprocket and run at 4.7...its far livlier and sits with other bikes far better
mawso

I think my final drive ratio will be 4.5, going with that because I bought a 46T AF road clutch. 15/46 takes it to 4.8 and lose potential of pipe as not much over rev with them, so gone 16/46 but the final ratio step up to 4.5 is a big jump. The MB tuned TS that was 2 up with the Taffspeed pipe on surprised me as I knew it hit high speeds at low revs with a single rider, I thought it would be flat and up and down gears 2 up, but it went well. I suppose top end will play a big part too, what is yours running Camel mate?

Have a gearbox that came out of a LI125S but are they GP125/200 boxes? Still only got an 81 chain so 4.5 will probably be it for now as it's ready to go back together and can't keep buying more bits.
blue

I've been using the ads3 for 7 years now on a ts230 with gp200 21x46, 4.4 final drive, revs to 6800rpm which is just shy of 80mph. It's by far the best exhaust i've ever used for motorway mile munching but ground clearance can be an issue, i've got a bent one in the shed to prove it :D
camel

Mines a mugello 225 with mb reed valve...about 21bhp..19ft/lbs torque..i agree it depends on what you want to use it for...ideally a 5 speed box would make use of the ratios bud ive never been hung up with big jumps between gears with a torquey pipe.they are a touch loud and ive mated a crosser end can too mine.Ive not come across this brick wall with the revs...mine also happily revs on too
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information