casa 225 or ts1 225

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Train Driver

garry inglis wrote:Cheeper to work on getting the ts set up right 18 does seem low

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
18 is ok if you want a touring tune.
18.05bhp @ 7652rpm
12.57ft/lb @7487rpm
Is what I got at JB's dyno
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Darrell Taylor wrote:
Adam_Winstone wrote:"but i want more"... more what? If you want more power over a wider range, pulling the same top speed on higher gearing at lower revs, then you might already want less tuning, rather than more.

Just a thought.

Adam

The package i do produces all that but with higher top speed ,test rides available if your up this way
^... DT believe me when I say that your figures do not represent the average tune (meant in a good way)!

Most Tuned TS1s that I've had or ridden have a healthy increase at higher revs but with a far peakier power delivery over a fairly narrow RPM band, making them fun in the powerband but pretty miserable as daily riders, town bikes, tourers, 2-up Sunday riders, etc. , ending up as bikes that are fun flat out and screaming their knackers off, but little else.

I would come up for a test ride but I start to feel vertigo if I get much past Birmingham. Perhaps it is just Birmingham (LOL)!

Adam
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

The clock has been ticking on the DT 'tuned package' for some time now...it's a shame more people don't know about it really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

It could set the new standard... certainly seems that it will raise the bar.
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

lammy666, what exhaust/ carb are you running? Your figures seem low. Fifteen/ Ten years ago, your average "bolt-on" TS1 was producing 16-22bhp. Today, with a good pipe with anything from a 26-35mm carb 25+ is achievable. There are several good pipes out there now, with good spread, not tooooo peaky. Some of our TS1's, running 26mm Dellys, are still making 25bhp/ 22ftlb @ 7200-8000, but also returning fuel consumption BETTER, than a std P2 (On a long trip, via Paris then Spain). I think you could be looking at spending money for the sake of it, instead of addressing simple issues. Having said that, the RT225, is damn good. (No knowledge/ experience using Darrells so unable to comment). Simon.
lammy666
Main scooter: lambretta li 125/190 chop.

i am using a tmx 35mm carb,a jl3 pipe, cassette clutch and this is running through a standard gp200 gearbox.
B-Race Tuning

If there's anyone prepared to let you try their exhaust, see if you can try a Franspeed Supertourer, or a TSR. (Watch your jetting though). I think you'll be surprised. A JL 3 is a copy of thirty year old design by Kegra. Things have moved on a bit. Also, thinking about it, even trying a different JL3 might produce different results ;-). TMX 35 shouldn't give you any problems other than a huge fuel consumption and very little throttle response from about 5/8-7/8 to full throttle position (But it is big). S
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

I used to have 21bhp on my old ts1 set up,this was on the mk4 taffy pipe,35tmx and a touring tune on the barrel.

I used Darrell Taylor for some porting work, inlet, different crank,altered the gearing,clutch and a franspeed race pipe. The bike was instantly transformed and now pulls from 30mph in 4th gear right up to 80mph .I'm now worried that I'll wear 4th gear out lol.

Just remember everything has a knock on affect when you're chasing high HP and torque figures.

Hope this helps
B-Race Tuning

^Perxactly. Can't knock them Mk4's though. ;-)
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

It's the only pipe that didn't fall to pieces!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information