Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
156 D

Last edited by 156 D on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nostalgia is a thing of the past!....
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

I think I may have one out in the garage- how can I be sure?

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

i,m pretty sure that the original spec of the gt200 barrell could be re produced...........using some modern repro barrels...............without the expense of remaking the original..........
it would only involve some porting work...................... :D
and of course the use of much better pistons................
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
156 D

Last edited by 156 D on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ringwoodrob

8-) hi,i've used a gt box in mine for over a year,i have an MBD Indian 200 st4 kit,no idea of how wide the ex/port is,with del25ml and clubman/mega i find it a nice box on the roads of Dorset,she has loads of torque,no need to be flat out everywhere,she takes hills very well,sometimes you can feel the motor thinking about it for a couple of seconds then you can feel her"pulling"!!!,,,,the 3rd gear comes in handy on some very long steep inclines,its slightly higher than anyone else's and with the torque of this motor will pull 50/55 almost effortless!!!
first gear can be a problem when pulling away from the lights(uphill) but more use of the right hand gets her away!
she will even plod at 30 in top on the windy roads of the New Forest takes most small inclines without changing down,i think the del25ml helps with this,runs rich low down make it weak and she loses her low down torque!
this kits somewhere around 6years old now shes due for another change of rings maybe the end of February I'll check wot the port size is then! :P
156 D

Last edited by 156 D on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ringwoodrob

156 D wrote:Interesting read "ringwoodrob".....i for one would be very interested in the port sizes when you do a ring change.....would you also please measure the depth of the inlet at it`s shallowest eg: inlet flange face to bore measurement....also what type of head?....
Thanks Keith

Your website`s great....
8-) i'll do that 156D,the head is wot was supplied with the kit,"machined suitable for unleaded fuel"was the description given by MBD,so lower comp to an original one?
up to 2008 she was always run on 4*leaded,i had the intention of putting a original sx200 head on(which i have)but never did,with the bump up in price to 12£ a gallon of leaded fuel last year i've now gone to unleaded!
would the lower comp head give more torque low down?,she does not have the top speed of a"ring breaker"best would be 65mph on a speedo revamped by Jem Booth!

:) Thanks for looking at my website,my cameras decided to leave me in 2007,they bounced out of bag strapped to rear carrier on a road from Wells to Cheddar in Zomerzet,never found'em,so no pics in 2008!,,,the site needs updating :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information