Still running bad

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Trojan
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA INNOCENTI

joespeed wrote:why did you alter the gearing in the first place?
The reason or changing Joe, was after a ride out a mate commented on how the scoot was performing, I felt at the time it was holding back as if restricted, it flew up hills but lacked the power at fourth and had to keep dropping back to fourth...when I started to look at possibilities, the suggestion of a 19x46, to let the box work more than the crank...hope this explains mate
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Imagethis is the gearing info from Cambridge lambretta Imageand this is the gearing calculator try these

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
garry inglis

garry inglis

holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

the lower the final drive ratio the faster the scooter would go if it has the power to pull a low ratio which yours hasnt, thats why it dies at a sniff of a hill, with a higher ratio it will have a lower top speed but it will be able to rev out if you get the correct ratio and will actually go faster as a result of the engine being able to pull into the powerband in top gear, the exhaust pipe is the main factor in selecting your final drive ratio, race pipes are designed to be revved, and dont have the low revs pulling power of a touring pipe which is more user friendly especially around town.
joespeed

your running a sper touring pipe,so your not going to get extra revvy performance by making the gearing higher,try comeing back to 18 or even 17 but it has been said that it may hinder the clutch,pipes are designed as a purpose!
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

The difference between 4.82:1 and 5.22:1 is significant.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I've just noted that you've got a Supertourer fitted, rather than the JL Race, however, I stand by my previous comment as I've got 2 Supertourers and I found them to have very poor low RPM power delivery (not what the name suggests). Indeed, I would have removed my Supertourer (and certainly not have bought another) if I'd not sorted the low RPM performance by fitting an advance/retard ignition, which sorted this out nicely and gave the low grunt necessary to carry it through to higher revs, where the pipe came into its correct RPM operating range and worked nicely.

NB: I'm not suggesting that you go out and buy an ignition advance/retard, nor rush out to buy another pipe, but I was very surprised by the lack of grunt that the Supertourer had.

Adam
garry inglis

I tried a supertouer with a cassava ss200 and below55 was unriedable

Trojan
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA INNOCENTI

Thanks Adam, and yes I do agree with you on that, I did find that the delivery was not as smooth as I expected, but more of a build up then a surge of power so to speak....ideal on the flats but not on hills or Towns etc, I do have other Exhausts to try such as my old faithful Fresco and the TSR DJ so wonder which is worth trying
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information