Use, replace, or reline these brake shoes

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Davidsquaredson
Main scooter: Early Eibar Jet 200

Off the free 1963 li 150 I'm rebuilding. It was left to rot but not as bad as it could be. The rear shoes are original.

Can they be used as is or would they be rubbish? If so, is getting relined better than going new?ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
carpe scooter diem

1974 Rally 200
1965 Li150
1963 TV175
1974 Eibar Jet200
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Very useable. Rough up the surface and put them back, BUT they will probably contain asbestos so be very careful and remove any dust immediately from the work bench and tools, without making anything airborne. Definitely no power tools.
Martin
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

If they dont work,new Indian Makino brake shoes are available,these are very good I use them on both of my scooters.http://www.scooterrestorations.com/lamb ... ir-makino/
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Can't believe your considering reusing 54 year old break linings, do yourself a favour and bin um before you or anyone else breathes in any of the asbestos contained within them.

Look at getting some decent replacements from the likes of EBC, Ferodo or Newfren. £20 odd quid at most..
serveta200
Main scooter: Serveta 200 series 80

Bin em and buy non asbestos brake shoes. Don't attempt to "rough them up" .
Lamaddict

The asbestos bit is a worry but tend to reuse them and as much original stuff as possible. The newer brake shoes seem better and I have used some but at one time the new ones were crap or the ones I bought were. Funny things brakes on Lambrettas they can all perform differently, good and bad.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information