Best stator

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Ryskie
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

dazblakey wrote:My cdi fail last night so going to order a ducati one, someone has told me that the stator will die shortly after is this true and which one will be the best to get, oh and will the timing need redoing cheers daz

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Not true mate, I've had 2 CDI's start playing up on me and I've done roughly 4.5k miles on the stator I have. It was used when I put it in so it must be one of the good Indian ones cause lately they don't last 5 minutes.
dazblakey

Ryskie wrote:
dazblakey wrote:My cdi fail last night so going to order a ducati one, someone has told me that the stator will die shortly after is this true and which one will be the best to get, oh and will the timing need redoing cheers daz

Not true mate, I've had 2 CDI's start playing up on me and I've done roughly 4.5k miles on the stator I have. It was used when I put it in so it must be one of the good Indian ones cause lately they don't last 5 minutes.
Fingerscrossed then

ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

The issues I've had with BGM stators have been corrected with a proper ducati pickup....
fluff34567

Heard there were some issues with earlier bgm stators but guess the v4 version is good now.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Mine is a v3, Anthony quoted me £25 to put it right so will be sending it off to him sometime soon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information