Help with hub

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Snails

I'm feeling particularly tired and there fore stupid and unable to think so help for what is probably a really dumb question appreciated

I'm trying to centre my front wheel, which is mounted on a scootrs disc brake. I'd like to know how I can make the spindle longer on the right side as you look at it. I've been trying to wind it out using two nuts but this does not seem to be having any effect.

ideally i dont want to drain my brake

Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Usually on a drum type hub (which is what your disc conversion is built on) the axle is just a straight rod with threaded ends and can be pushed to the left or right until it's centered. Adjust center with a brass/lead/plastic hammer as necessary.

If it won't budge to the right try tapping it to the left and see if it has a disc brake axle (one with a shoulder). If that's the case then your only option would be to have the long end of the axle cut shorter to match the short end.
Snails

Thanks grumpy. I thought it should just push also so I've already tried a few gentle taps in the direction I want it to go. Will see if it will move in the other direction..
joespeed

dont scoot rs axles the same as the innocenti axle with a built in 'circlip /washer that fits into the caliper carrier?
joespeed

take a picture of the caliper side ,
Snails

Hi

I tried knocking it the other way than the way I wanted it to go and it moves freely. There is a lip on the axle that prevents it moving any further in the direction I want it to go so I guess I just have to live with it not be as central as I'd like.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Snails wrote:I'm feeling particularly tired and there fore stupid and unable to think so help for what is probably a really dumb question appreciated

I'm trying to centre my front wheel, which is mounted on a scootrs disc brake. I'd like to know how I can make the spindle longer on the right side as you look at it. I've been trying to wind it out using two nuts but this does not seem to be having any effect.

ideally i dont want to drain my brake

On the first photo,if it were a standard brake,the axle would have a half nut fastened up the axle to wheel.
Snails

Hi Paul

You can see the nut in the photo - although its a full nut rather than half. I guess that if it was a half it would move the hub to the right more. I think that this is the nut supplied with it from new. To be honest I've re fitted it and its not that bad in terms of how central it is, I'm now more concerned that it does look particularly straight (leaning to the left at the top)

I'll post a picture of this later
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

hi snails i had to fit half nuts on both mine as it was a tight fit in the fork links and it will help you in getting it central
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information