Another SIP Speedo problem

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
coaster

I beginning to loose the will to live trying the get a sensible reading on my SIP 2 speedo using an external sensor. I have the sensor aligned to pick up the pulse from the front wheel studs and the little blue light flashes off as a stud passes the sensor 4 times per revolution. I measured the type circumference of the tyre (1325mm) and input that figure on screen 3 and 4 pulses on screen 1. The speedo works but seriously under reads. There is a setting on screen 3 that I think is to do with the speedo drive gear ratio but there is no mention of what it should be set for when using an external pick up :?

I tried a few random settings which do seem to affect it but generally make the problem worse :oops:

Any suggestions??
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

I just got mine wired up and working this weekend. And after trawling through the forums found my solution, which should work for you. In my case I have a magnet on one of my studs and then set the pulse to 1. (Originally I had it set at 8 for some reason and clearly the Speedo have crap results. As for the ratio bit, I think that relates to when you have the " int " Speedo cable only. My tyre circumference is similar to yours. So my suggestion is to put a magnet on one of your studs with pulse set at 1. Somehow I feel the magnet will give a more responsive trip to the sensor
coaster

paulnobodyimportant wrote:I just got mine wired up and working this weekend. And after trawling through the forums found my solution, which should work for you. In my case I have a magnet on one of my studs and then set the pulse to 1. (Originally I had it set at 8 for some reason and clearly the Speedo have crap results. As for the ratio bit, I think that relates to when you have the " int " Speedo cable only. My tyre circumference is similar to yours. So my suggestion is to put a magnet on one of your studs with pulse set at 1. Somehow I feel the magnet will give a more responsive trip to the sensor
Cheers Paul, happy to try that but changing the ration does have an effect so I'm wondering what you are supposed to set it too :? You would think that it would ignore that when Ext is selected but it doesn't :?
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

On my version 2 Speedo, when I set it to "ext" the ratio bit did not appear, only the pulse setting.
coaster

paulnobodyimportant wrote:On my version 2 Speedo, when I set it to "ext" the ratio bit did not appear, only the pulse setting.
That's worrying :?
shocky

I just reduced my circumference setting until it matched a GPS
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information