Casatronic problems

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scootermonkey

Recently fitted a brand new Casatronic kit. Set it up exactly as described on the Casa video on YouTube. I now have a misfire at low revs but only when riding. Rev up in neutral and it's fine. Also, rear light is flickering at low revs which was perfect before fitting the Casa kit. Any ideas anyone?
How hard can it be!
Lambretta, the finest scooter............IN THE WORLD!
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Disconnect the stator and check (with meter) the stator readings.........do they match the manufacturers guidelines ?
Scootermonkey

Thanks. I was going to do that. Are the readings the same as a standard electronic stator plate? If not, anyone have the correct readings?
How hard can it be!
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Didn't you get a "manual" with the kit ? maybe check the Cam Lam website or the dealer you got it from. Don't seem to think the readings are as standard.
Scootermonkey

No mate, no instructions or info came with it. I'll try CamLam but it's hard to get an answer on the phone.
How hard can it be!
theageofindustry
Dealer
Main scooter: 74 Vijai Super

Is the stator plate anodized?

There was a string of these in the US where the stator was having a hard time achieving a good ground on the mag flange from the annodizing. Those who had that issue sanded the annodizing off the back of the stator plate where it touches the mag flange and that resolved it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information