bleeding hydraulic brake

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dazz-uk

Put a new nissin out board disc on and using a cable pull remote remote master cyclinder, bleeded it, all the air seems to be out but brake lever is not firming up? whats going on?
phil23fair
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 250 Special

You could have air trapped in a loop or kink in the hydraulic hose in the headset. Get a large syringe fill it with brake fluid and connect it to the bleed point ar the disc and fill the system from the bottom. It clears the air every time.
Steve t

How I bled mine ... I'm thinking by your description that you have hidden master maybe a grimeca one I removed cable from lever on master cyl then bled it by pumping lever on master cyl manually that way you get all the travel you don't get full travel when cable is connected and pumping with handle bar lever
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

As above to make sure you can get out all the air you can...

If still not firm... pull in lever and strap it to handlebar to keep it pulled in.. take lid off resevoir, and leave it overnight... lets the air slowly bleed out...

Worked for me in situations where I just couldnt bleed the b*stard....

Good luck
dazz-uk

thanks for replies, ended up with wheel removed with disc on floor and scooter on bench and let gravity do its magic over night and bingo all sorted this morning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information