Stiff clutch springs

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mr mugello

I'm trying to get clutch to be more lighter on the lever. My top end is a mugello 225 with uprated Camlam springs bought 10 odd years ago, so probably not what they sell now. Four plate clutch. Does the job, but not easy to pull in by lever. Have been told to change lever for dogleg type to help. Can anyone recommend a set of springs which are lighter in feel, but able to take a bit more torque than standard clutch springs. Thanks
mr series 2
Main scooter: LI 150 Ser 2

MB
theageofindustry
Dealer
Main scooter: 74 Vijai Super

MB springs are quute nice. Not too heavy and well up to the task of handling the power of the Mugello.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

MB springs, correctly routed MB nylon lined clutch and Yamaha lever. Then you'll have a clutch as smooth as silk.
mr mugello

Thanks. Just out of interest in comparison has anyone found Cambridge Lambretta's Ultimate Clutch Springs, soft feel, uprated set, do what they say ?
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

mr mugello wrote:Thanks. Just out of interest in comparison has anyone found Cambridge Lambretta's Ultimate Clutch Springs, soft feel, uprated set, do what they say ?
ive got one of there six plate clutches with the soft feel in my rb250 its a good clutch, takes plenty of hammer and is easy enough to pull in
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

I use motor bike springs in many 4 plate clutches from 12 to 30hp + The best bonus is they are light on lever and dont seem to compress over time.
Just fitted into a clutch on mugello rebuild for a chap whos 70 yrs old
mr mugello

[quote="Lambretta Sash"]I use motor bike springs in many 4 plate clutches from 12 to 30hp + The best bonus is they are light on lever and dont seem to compress over time.
Just fitted into a clutch on mugello rebuild for a chap whos 70 yrs old[/quote
What are the spec you use mate ?
mr mugello

I've gone for a set of Camlam's ultimate springs soft feel. Just received them. Different though ! The set I have have 7 turns compared to 6 in their eBay photo !
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

After a thought of using a fishing scale to register tension required to pull clutch lever in here are results, px 125 3kg, std 150 6kg old cables tho, bgm 7kg and springs i use 6kg.
If anyone wants to trial them, ill send you a set foc for some feedback
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information