BGM Clubman - version 3

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Morning Two questions

1/ Can you leave them bare metal without painting.

2/ I hear on the grapevine there are internal overheating issues reported and is anyone aware of the modifications people are making to (so i'm told) increase the tailpipe sizing, maybe new tailpipe

Thanks
coaster

I have just fitted a bare metal one to my GT240 engine and have sprayed it in high temp clear exhaust lacquer I found on ebay. I have only ridden about 20 or so miles so far but it hasn't shown any signs of burning off yet. Mind you, it doesn't like petrol so be prepared to do some 'blow in' touch up from time to time id you have the carb off ;)
Strummer10

Coaster did you have to put the exhaust parts straight onto the bike and run it to cure the paint ? Just might try something like that
Strummer10

Ended up spraying it heat paint silver today and stuck in on the bike so i could run it hot and cure the paint. Must confess fitting the downpipe to the barrell stud was a feat and ended up having to use grease to get it on as tight fit. Should it be that fit and is the advice to try and fit exhaust compound or the high temp red sealant does anyone know.......can't find anything on You Tube / Internet on fitting practices. Otherwise it sounded quite punchy...........might have to bend tailpipe in as kickstart has already grazed the paint.

ALSo any ideas which air filter can be fitted behind the sidepanel to run a VHSH exiting on the right side on a TS1 ?

Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

You just need some ordinary bathroom silicone sealant, I've used it for years and used to use it on MX bikes without any problems.
Don't use the exhaust paste as it drys hard and gives no movement (something that you need on a scooter) .
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

If you leave it bare it will rust.
I paint mine once a year with silver heat resistant paint, it still rusts but its easily removed.

I had mine on a Rapido 225 and it didn't cause overheating problems.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I painted one with BBQ paint and another professionally done for £20. Not heard of any problems with V3...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information