Bogging Down , Won't Pull Away.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
whonatic

mr mugello wrote:Is your choke cable right length for carb fitted ?
Yep choke is sealing properly
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Blocked exhaust?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

sean brady scooters wrote:ARE YOUR GEAR CABLES THE CORRECT WAY AROUND ?...if not you will be setting of in second !
+1
1st thing I'd check
immylam

Haha , yeah the cables are in ok. Leak test on the carb manifold, as suggested, will be the next thing to try. Missed Scarborough so take my time and get it right.
racingskunk
Main scooter: lambretta LI 150 2nd Series

Hi,

I had a very similar Problem with my rapido225. The scooter started nicely however I had to wait 20seconds (while idling) before I could go in higher revs. When I wanted to pull away the scooter bogged out. very frustrating. I did the Leak down test, but found no hole anywhere. I cleaned the carb and the jets, etc. still nothing. I changed the idle Jets and idle screw many MANY times and it did not become better.

The cure was finally to put the needle on the middle groove (richer) it used to be on the top groove (leanest)

It is a polini pwk 30 carb with a LTH manifold. It teached me that pulling away is not necessarily a idle Jet and idle screw Problem. Since then I am using a sticker on my throttle -grip which marks the carb openings 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and Worb 9, when setting up the carb. Another fact is that when it comes to needles and jets it is not always correct what is written on them. (I can speak only about BGM and Polini) It is worth to measure them before use, otherwise it is really horror to set up the carb.......

Good Luck, I hope you find a solution!
immylam

I have ported the cylinder slightly, (i'll get the exact spec if it could be this, done by someone who understands port timings a bit better than I do ) would this change the timing and need stroke changed/packer etc? I might just try the standard top end to see if this may be the problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information