Anybody used the TMX30 power jet

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Anyone got any experience on these carbs with 225s, more scope for fine tuneing i would have thought than my TMX35. iam after info regarding what atomiser and slide to start with on my RB. Do they fit under the panel on a GP or do you have to cut the panel or remove some off the mouth of the carb, any info folk,s. :D , Ta.
soulsurfer

Are you Gary?
Do a search on TMX30 and you'll find some of my experiences with a TS1.
I have now gone back tona 35 as the 30 seems to run hot and has a lean spot at cruising speed which I couldn't lose. I think, with TS1 anyway, that they can get around 80% there but a 35 will get 90% whereas a 30mm Delly will get you spot on but there are sacrifices whichever carb is used.

Then again it could be a whole different ball game on an RB but the real problem is the lack of info on needles, nobody could tell me what needle is required to richen up, not even Allens :| in the end I holed the piston, end of experiment :cry:
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
eibargum

Yes mike, its Gary again, just after as much info as poss. I,ll search for your thread :D , cheers.
eibargum

Hey up mike, ive just read your thread, all interesting stuff. The French guy i bought the TMX30 off got rid of it because he couldnt get his bike to run right with it, rapido 225 and DEVTOUR, same as you, It maybe the Devtour although a good pipe doesnt suit the TMX30 power jet. The best [IMO] dyno graph ive seen for a RB22 was done and set up at Chiselspeed useing the TMX30 power jet and touring pipe, 25 bhp and nice smooth curve and no dip in the usual place. I believe a chiselspeed RB20 [series 2] useing a TMX30 took a second off the standing quarter for a 200cc street class at Elvington the other week with Russ on board [and he likes his pie,s] :lol: .They seem to have overcome any problems setting these carbs up, it,ll be going on thier dyno for fine tuning but i,d like to get it up and running first.
eibargum

soulsurfer [mike], i spoke to the guy at allens and they said with the 30 tmx people tend to keep the needle that comes with the carb but change the needle jet [atomiser], were as on the tmx35 you cant change the needle jet [as you know] so you have to swop and change the needles to get it right, what number needle jets did you try and do you still have the carb, regards, gary.
soulsurfer

I tried the next richest needle jet (don't have the number to hand) and a no.3 slide.
Yes I still have it ;)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
eibargum

If i get time today mike i,am going to try the carb on my series 2, i,ll let you know how it goes, if i,am happy with it i may be in the market for another one ;) , then flog the 35mm, early days yet, it might turn out to be crap :cry: .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information