Tyre Pressures

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Hi does anyone know the up to date, current thinking on tyre pressures for a Lambretta ? FOR

1/ Tubed Lambretta tyres

2/ Tubeless rim type wheels
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

A lot depends on your tyres and manufacturers reccomendation....
bazza3004

I usually run my tubless at 30 rear and about 25 front
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I run mine(tubed or tubeless)at-20psi front and 30psi rear-If carrying a passenger I put 36psi in the rear.
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

HxPaul wrote:I run mine(tubed or tubeless)at-20psi front and 30psi rear-If carrying a passenger I put 36psi in the rear.
+1
jonzo172

HxPaul wrote:I run mine(tubed or tubeless)at-20psi front and 30psi rear-If carrying a passenger I put 36psi in the rear.

+2
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

I run 20 front 30 - 35 rear depending on 1 or 2 up on tubed. I put an extra 5psi in on tubeless
gaz_powell

I have no idea of what tubeless rims/tyres should be ran on

Tubed - I use the figures quoted in the Lambretta Owners Manuals (both SIL and Innocenti)

Front 18 PSI
Rear 28 PSI Solo
32 PSI Pillion

Tyre sizes and tubes have not changed, fundamentally the bike weight etc has not changed, the above figures will have allowance for light/heavy rider so I see no reason to change.
Timbo wrote:A lot depends on your tyres and manufacturers reccomendation....
I apply the above pressures to all manufactures tyres of 350x10 I use on a lambretta
Ive never seen a manufacturer of a tyre give a specific pressure for a specific vehicle - that's the vehicle manufacturers job based on size/weight etc of the vehicle.
A 350x10 tyre is used on loads of different bikes and all will have a different pressure - Vespa use the same size tyre but have slightly different pressure recommendations - again from P200 owners manual Front 18 PSI, Rear 26 PSI Solo, Rear 36 PSI Pillion
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I'm a touch portlier than I was when I was 18.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

gaz_powell wrote:I have no idea of what tubeless rims/tyres should be ran on

Tubed - I use the figures quoted in the Lambretta Owners Manuals (both SIL and Innocenti)

Front 18 PSI
Rear 28 PSI Solo
32 PSI Pillion

Tyre sizes and tubes have not changed, fundamentally the bike weight etc has not changed, the above figures will have allowance for light/heavy rider so I see no reason to change.
Timbo wrote:A lot depends on your tyres and manufacturers reccomendation....
I apply the above pressures to all manufactures tyres of 350x10 I use on a lambretta
Ive never seen a manufacturer of a tyre give a specific pressure for a specific vehicle - that's the vehicle manufacturers job based on size/weight etc of the vehicle.
A 350x10 tyre is used on loads of different bikes and all will have a different pressure - Vespa use the same size tyre but have slightly different pressure recommendations - again from P200 owners manual Front 18 PSI, Rear 26 PSI Solo, Rear 36 PSI Pillion

Schwalbes did! That's one of the reasons there was lots of problems with their tyres, being run under inflated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information