Tyre Pressures

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
gaz_powell

HxPaul wrote:I'm a touch portlier than I was when I was 18.
:lol:

Timbo - agree about Schwalbe, ......I think they were grasping at straws when it went wrong looking for a cop out.

Gaz
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Timbo wrote:
Schwalbes did! That's one of the reasons there was lots of problems with their tyres, being run under inflated.
Is that the actual reason the tyres had so many issues? Is it really? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
Timbo wrote:
Schwalbes did! That's one of the reasons there was lots of problems with their tyres, being run under inflated.

I chose my words carefully and said "that's ONE of the reasons" and standby that. Now I can't quote any facts but from seeing first hand, speaking with people on forums etc a lot of people were not aware of the manafacturers reccomendations. I should add that I'm talking about Weathermans.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I wouldn't be too accurate as most garage forecourt inflators aren't calibrated regularly.

While waiting for friends I put 22 in the front and 34 in the rear........after doing the front and rear I checked the front again.....it read 19, likewise the rear when checked again had dropped to 30.
gaz_powell

mick1 wrote:I wouldn't be too accurate as most garage forecourt inflators aren't calibrated regularly.

While waiting for friends I put 22 in the front and 34 in the rear........after doing the front and rear I checked the front again.....it read 19, likewise the rear when checked again had dropped to 30.

That's a really good point - I have a compressor with inflation attachment and gauge but generally finish off with a footpump which seems the most accurate (??)
Russell
Main scooter: 1966 Lambretta SX200

22 front and 30 rear on tubeless for me
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

i have tubeless and ive got 20 front and 35 rear, i inflate with my compressor then use a small digital pressure gauge to check, as previously stated compressor gauges are usually very inaccurate.
Train Driver

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
Timbo wrote:

Dyno runs kill tyres :o :o
Would never use one myself said the man from continental uk
I had contacted them about a bulge in the side wall and a misformed tread section.
So I was lucky they were helpful and were able to point out who's fault it was :lol: :lol: :lol:
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

I only ever ride solo & run tubed @ 18f/28r & tubless @ 22f/32r which has always served me well.... I use a digital pressure gauge to set to correct pressures.

HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I'd like to know what the thinking is behind these differing pressures,especially the difference between tubed and tubeless.My thinking is that the recommended tyre pressures are 18psi front and 28psi rear which is for an average weight rider,I weigh more than I did when I was youger,hence the extra 2psi.As for tubeless I've seen nothing too suggest a different psi.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information