GT200, What exhaust

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
kejj

Hi, I have the GranTurismo GT200 running a Deloorto PHBH28 through the breathe sweet air filter on plastic elbow, a GP200 SIL gearbox with 19/46 so 4.8.
I am choosing between the TSR EVO or the Fran Race.
I do drive to some rallies each summer but mostly around town and top 100 km out and I clock up approx 3000 km per year.
I like to have a reachable rev range and not drive around town on 7000RPM. On the rally runs I usually sit around 90-110 km/h on comfortable RPM (5000 to 6500).

So, opinions and experiences please. Franspeed Race or TSR EVO.
I currently run the BGM clubman V2.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

I've got the TSR EVO on my reed valved Rapido with the same gearing as you and I'm very happy with the rideability. Seems to have reasonable torque lower down but still has the expansion chamber kick that I love. The Darrell Taylor modified version is meant to be even better.
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

Ive ran GT200 30 phbh, 60 x 110 crank TT evo pipe for a couple or yrs and find it a good allrounder, power delivery is early and pulls from dumping clutch.
Fran race is good pipe but puts power up rev range and still very useable
Personally i prefer early power delivery and look of pipe when fitted.
It will cruise at 50 - 65 mph all day witg an occasional blat to 75 mph when needs must :twisted:
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Franspeed, tsrs are viet shite
Donnie.
joespeed

Donnie wrote:Franspeed, tsrs are viet shite

may be from vietnam but its not shite!

the two pipes are opposite one makes the engine tame for plodding with the crowd,and the race well that changes to make a very revvy scooter but not for pootling about!
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

I stand by my experience of the tsr i had and it was shite, shite to fit and it hangs low which on a GT kit is an issue if you hit a speed bump and if you are lucky only pulls the exhaust studs rather than crack the cylinder exhaust port off the cylinder. Rather than fran race then, go for the fran supertourer. But I'd never have a tsr again.
Donnie.
shamrockexpress

For your rev range and speed a JL3 will give you power all the time..................
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I would have thought the MB/bgm Clubman you have fitted now meets your needs better than the exhausts you refer to?
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

[quote="Donnie"]I stand by my experience of the tsr i had and it was shite, shite to fit and it hangs low which on a GT kit is an issue if you hit a speed bump and if you are lucky only pulls the exhaust studs rather than crack the cylinder exhaust port off the cylinder. Rather than fran race then, go for the fran supertourer. But I'd never have a tsr again.[/quote
A little bit of thought and modification can sort grounding out, as GT kits and Mugellos cylinders have similar issue. Mines been on 2 yrs with no issues. I have seen one tail can fall apart on another i fitted but that was down to a 20 yr old knackered indian rear shock!!
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

I'm running a Fran Race on my GT186 and a BGM clubman on my GT200, both good pipes but very different characteristics. I do ride the 186 around town, but the truth is it likes to be revved and is much more suited to fast touring. For your needs then I agree with Storkfoot, the BGM clubman would be a much better option.

My GT200 has bags of torque and is happy round town but also cruises at 60-65mph comfortably, running with a PHBH30 and Li150 17/46 (4.6) gearing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information