GT200, What exhaust

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
boxofbits

I've got a ron moss pipe on my gt 200 pulls really well. I need to up gear its 16x 46 150 gearbox it revs right out i think bit will pull 17x46 . Shame he doesnt still do them as I would buy another as this one seen better days. I did have a jl3 on that worked well also but 4th felt a bit flat.
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Had my first quick blast with the Fran race fitted and there's a marked difference from the JL road pipe. A little lost at the lower rev range bit nothing of any concern. It really has brought the kit alive higher up the rev range and it feels quite the animal now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
kejj

eden wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:15 am If and when you do upgrade to an expansion, use a fran race.
People often say they don't pull so well at low revs but I have never found this. The fran race does give a slight "flat" area at around 5300-5600 rpm on the GT200 but with 4.8 final drive this means its noticeable at around 54mph. Around town under that speed they pull as well as anything else and if your on the motorway you will be ridding above that speed.

Ive built GT200's with allsorts of exhaust for many different people with different riding styles and preferences.
The BGM V3 works well but you don't get the 2 stroke fun of a "kick" as it gives no noticeable power band, some people like the way this exhaust smooth's the power out though.
Eventually I went for the Race, got a nice slightly used one here localy. I also upgraded the carb from phbh28 to phbh30. WEll it's a different ride now! For the best, I do realise the BGM clubman actully had a greater problem bellow power band were it was wasting fuel without much movement. The Race suits the GT200 perfectly and I'm glad I chose it.

holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

nice to see that you got plenty of advice and went for one of the options suggested and got a good outcome, just shows how sharing information with others can help to make an informed choice, i know that exhaust choice is a bit of a lottery some like box pipes some prefer expansions, personaly i would always opt for an expansion, i just love the way that the pipe brings the powerband in and the power builds and so does the sound of the engine, its a bit of a rush, and is missed when a box pipe is used, pleased your happy with your new set-up,
holty
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

boxofbits wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:34 pm I've got a ron moss pipe on my gt 200 pulls really well. I need to up gear its 16x 46 150 gearbox it revs right out i think bit will pull 17x46 . Shame he doesnt still do them as I would buy another as this one seen better days. I did have a jl3 on that worked well also but 4th felt a bit flat.
I've got two of these too and have never had a box pipe like it. I've been encouraged by the mutterings in recent Scootering reviews that Ron may be bringing out another version at some stage. TBH I'm liking the sound of an improved power spread and reduced noise but hope that the new design does not curtail the rev range too much as these have exceeded all others that I've tried and work so well with kits that like to rev.

Fingers crossed.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

kejj wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:08 pm
eden wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:15 am If and when you do upgrade to an expansion, use a fran race.
People often say they don't pull so well at low revs but I have never found this. The fran race does give a slight "flat" area at around 5300-5600 rpm on the GT200 but with 4.8 final drive this means its noticeable at around 54mph. Around town under that speed they pull as well as anything else and if your on the motorway you will be ridding above that speed.

Ive built GT200's with allsorts of exhaust for many different people with different riding styles and preferences.
The BGM V3 works well but you don't get the 2 stroke fun of a "kick" as it gives no noticeable power band, some people like the way this exhaust smooth's the power out though.
Eventually I went for the Race, got a nice slightly used one here localy. I also upgraded the carb from phbh28 to phbh30. WEll it's a different ride now! For the best, I do realise the BGM clubman actully had a greater problem bellow power band were it was wasting fuel without much movement. The Race suits the GT200 perfectly and I'm glad I chose it.

Got the same pipe and carb on my GT186 (60/110) with Li150 16/46 and love it, ride it through the city to work but it really comes alive on the long runs.

I run a BGM clubman on my GT200 (Li150 17/46) which is a completely different ride, doesn't have the kick that the Franspeed Race has but has a lovely smooth power delivery
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

The gori race 50 seems to perform well on Gt186 kits, 18.95 hp 14.35 tq, the Gp50 pipe certainly brings the kit to life 21.44 hp 16.73 tq which is more like an expansion.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information