Delortto PHBH + Airbox Rubber

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Ok I've got a PHBH with the threaded inlet to enable you to screw a plastic bell mouth on, can anyone tell me if there is a suitable adapter to fit the Airbox rubber on instead? or a dodge that you use to make it work?
At the moment I've just put the standard clamp back on but it ain't great and tends to slip off also tried a jubilee clip but that slides off as well.Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gio695
Main scooter: Lambretta Li125 Series3

I used the plastic bellmouth that came with the carb on one of my engines.
You need to sand it down and make it a bit smaller and with a straight edge. Nice and tight fit!
But it also depends on the carb size and size of airbox rubber off course. It doesn't work with all phbh's
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Failing all else,just put a tiewrap(spelling)that fastens around the carb and the rubber hose.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

gio695 wrote:I used the plastic bellmouth that came with the carb on one of my engines.
You need to sand it down and make it a bit smaller and with a straight edge. Nice and tight fit!
But it also depends on the carb size and size of airbox rubber off course. It doesn't work with all phbh's
^... exactly what I've done previously and the results were very good. I used the grey plastic trumpet, cutting it back and taking off the external ridges. This then fitted very well with a standard SH2/22 air hose.

Adam
Scooterdude

Adam_Winstone wrote:
gio695 wrote:I used the plastic bellmouth that came with the carb on one of my engines.
^... exactly what I've done previously and the results were very good. I used the grey plastic trumpet, cutting it back and taking off the external ridges. This then fitted very well with a standard SH2/22 air hose.

Adam
Cheers Adam this is exactly what I've done gone for one of the longer ones off Beedspeed.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I got a little alloy bell mouth that lets you fit the standard airbox rubber to the phbh, thinking being that the hose was still wider than the carb venturi.

Don't know if they're still available.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
rosscla

"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Scooterdude

rosscla wrote:Near the bottom here

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30622&start=20
Looks great can you remember were you got it?
rosscla

That's the problem, I can't, was something like 'alloy parts' or similar I think it was somewhere in the southwest and they did a lot of British bike stuff
Scooterdude

I've got it sorted now anyway with the plastic trumpet cut down to size, makes for a nice tidy fit now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information