Rapido Race 225, jetting

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Trojan
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA INNOCENTI

Afternoon Gents, making the most of the sunny afternoon, stripped the engine to check after covering 400 miles whilst running in, just being cautious, noted that when I open throttle its a flat spot when running then suddenly kicks in like a Turbo, if that's the best way to describe, the set up I have being 30 MM PHBH Dell orto..Franspeed Exhaust...SLIDE 40..ATOMISER AV 268..MAIN 130..CHOKE 50..PILOT 70..NEEDLE X7..FLOATS 8gm..FLOAT VALVE 250..... om aware the settings where supposed to be rich when I bought it due to running in, I had contacted the fella to get as much info and am still waiting, just need to know if this set up is right...for the time being.....thanks in Advance.... 8-)
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

i would change the float valve for a 300 at least or even a 350 also what clip is the needle and what revs are the flat spot at
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

mine is 40 slide, 125 main ,70 choke , 55 pilot ,av 266, x7 needle 300 float , hope it helps ,
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

50 pilot,
X4 slide
Av266
X7 2nd clip
122 main
70 choke
Pm25 exhaust
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Trojan wrote:Afternoon Gents, making the most of the sunny afternoon, stripped the engine to check after covering 400 miles whilst running in, just being cautious, noted that when I open throttle its a flat spot when running then suddenly kicks in like a Turbo, if that's the best way to describe, the set up I have being 30 MM PHBH Dell orto..Franspeed Exhaust...SLIDE 40..ATOMISER AV 268..MAIN 130..CHOKE 50..PILOT 70..NEEDLE X7..FLOATS 8gm..FLOAT VALVE 250..... om aware the settings where supposed to be rich when I bought it due to running in, I had contacted the fella to get as much info and am still waiting, just need to know if this set up is right...for the time being.....thanks in Advance.... 8-)
Are you sure you quoted the choke / pilot the right way round?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Trojan

Thanks for the input gents, and Rosscla, it looks like I have put the CHOKE/PILOT. the wrong way lol...Agreed the Atomiser should be AV 266 and also the float valve....admittedly, I was told that it needs running in, curiosity got the better of me today so I had a look at the top end,mmmmm, not good, Cylinder head seemed loose on some Nuts when undoing ??? then I found there was no sealant on the base (ALLOY ) gasket or the head, further investigation showed the piston had been fettled with on the Exhaust side, probably a seizure at some point, replaced with an AVANTI ...Ron Moss piston as was on the shelf...a quick hone and that's sorted, just need to be safe on the jetting now
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

If you have a look at MB's cylinder tuning article he gives some reasons why the Rapido has flat spots, mine has a flat spot at around 5000rpm.
I never managed to get mine to run well at low revs and around town, it's always happier revving a bit, fast A roads where you can keep the speed and revs up. I guess that's the nature of the beast.
My slide is a 40.
Trojan

That's fine Meds,appreciate the reply on that...As mentioned earlier on, I ve now changed the piston seeing as it looked like there has been a heat seizure or scuffing on the ASSO piston, not happy with that,so put a new AVANTI piston from Ron Moss s, this should be a better choice, may as well do it now whilst I ve got the top end off,and start again properly..The usual circlips should be OK I hope as they seem slightly thicker,rather than the wire type that came with the piston, that done, I can get back on to the carb settings with the advice from you gents....cheers again
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

I run mine with an Avanti piston and head, lovely to drive now , it was a right pain to tune with the original piston , the 3mm shortened skirt makes it very difficult to get them to idle,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information