Casa 'Octopus' hub.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

10 inch Terror wrote:I like the idea of 8 fixing points and the fact that original Innocenti layshafts are getting on a bit and with SIL quality sometimes dubious ( add in the fakes ) so the new shafts are a step toward imo. If the rims are tubeless I may invest in a complete kit. For say less than £300 for everything it's not a lot for safety and peace of mind.
They do tubeless rims to fit the "octopus" hub.Its £393.40 for the "octopus" hub kit,that includes,hub,layshaft,bearing and oil seal,studs and other ancillaries,including the tubeless rims,then you have to buy the tyres.It starts to get a bit expensive especially when you think that nothing has been proven that points to the reason for the reported snapping of the original layshafts.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

So if your like me and use original innocenti split rims your going to have to find another rim and use the two halves without the studs to be able to use the eight stud fastening and build the rim/tube/tyre all up on the hub, seems a bit of a ball ache.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

HxPaul wrote:
10 inch Terror wrote:I like the idea of 8 fixing points and the fact that original Innocenti layshafts are getting on a bit and with SIL quality sometimes dubious ( add in the fakes ) so the new shafts are a step toward imo. If the rims are tubeless I may invest in a complete kit. For say less than £300 for everything it's not a lot for safety and peace of mind.
They do tubeless rims to fit the "octopus" hub.Its £393.40 for the "octopus" hub kit,that includes,hub,layshaft,bearing and oil seal,studs and other ancillaries,including the tubeless rims,then you have to buy the tyres.It starts to get a bit expensive especially when you think that nothing has been proven that points to the reason for the reported snapping of the original layshafts.
Expensive but some would that and more on shiney tat. Horses for courses I suppose.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

A good mate sheared his layshaft just coming off motorway on his way to Euro Lambretta could of years ago. Think it shook him up thinking what could of happened,he was one group and doing about 70pmh.
Guess you start to think how much is life worth or simply just peace of mind.its a ball ache getting tyres fitted to tubeless rims but it's on less thing I worry about when overtaking on motorways.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

It does sort of take a while to get your head around it. But, having said that I do like the sound of the kit, and £240 is quite reasonable for what it does. I'm tempted I must admit.
soosh

I don't think it's a lot. We are used to paying a few quid for average quality stuff that we have to fettle.
soosh

So something that's quality and works that's a bit more expensive is sometimes expensive to some
Doom Patrol

Who does them over here?
Doom Patrol

Scooterdude wrote:So if your like me and use original innocenti split rims your going to have to find another rim and use the two halves without the studs to be able to use the eight stud fastening and build the rim/tube/tyre all up on the hub, seems a bit of a ball ache.
That's a good point actually. They come with the longer studs for tubeless rims by the look of it. There's probably no reason why you couldn't use standard studs. But as you say, the rims might be a bit awkward. Still, I suppose that if the hub comes off easily enough you'd have to build them up on that. Mind you at least you'd get to check your brake shoes while you're at it. :D
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I asked the question on the FB page when they were first released/advertised about using a standard rim and what happened with the head on the back of the studs on a standard rim and was told that a recess was to be machined in the hub face for the production version to accommodate them.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information