Scootrs brake spindle.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Hi all,
After being involved in a small front end accident the spindle on my Scootrs brake is bent. The spindle it came with was the type used on original Innocenti disc brake. Anyway I ordered the same spindle from a good dealer via eBay. They have sent me a standard spindle instead. I've contacted them but I haven't had a reply yet. My question to them and anyone reading this is will the standard spindle be ok to use? Thanks in advance Pete.
gaz_powell

My standard scootRs disc brake uses a standard spindle, but I've got an scootRs anti kit and to fit that it needed a disc brake type spindle with the shoulder
10 inch Terror

gaz_powell wrote:My standard scootRs disc brake uses a standard spindle, but I've got an scootRs anti kit and to fit that it needed a disc brake type spindle with the shoulder
Mine is standard but still had the shoulder on the spindle. It sat in the recess on the calliper holding plate. I'm a bit annoyed that the seller hasn't bothered to reply. I don't want to build it up and fit it if it has to come off again.
10 inch Terror

I thought I'd make use of the spindle and replace an old one on my standard GP. It's too bloody big to go through the bearings in the hub! I tried it on a couple of new FAG bearings I have as spares and it's too big for them too. More s**t parts getting dumped on us. I sometimes wonder why we bother.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information