Pic of LH rear frame leg- S3?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fluff34567

Hi all,

I found today that someone in the past has hacked off a cm or 2 off the fixed rear frame leg.. for whatever reason who knows. (Tossers)

Would anyone have a photo or if someone has the LH rear floor board off can you take a measurement for me as in the pic below.

Thanks.
Last edited by fluff34567 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
firekdp

Doesn't look like anything has been taken off that to me, looks the same as my '63. It has had an extra hole drilled next to the original tho.
firekdp

fluff34567

Hmmmmm I spent ages faffing about trying to get the rear board to line up.. something is out.

Cheers for the pic Kevin.. greatly appreciated.

The head scratching will continue tomorrow
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

leg seems OK- I do know that early S3's did have an extra hole in that area (reason unknown). Yours would appear normal. What year is yours?
Scootering since 1968.
fluff34567

Mine is 1963 and from the frame number it's a very early model.

So i jumped to a false conclusion that someone had fiddled with it, apologies for that.

I "think" the floor board is ok and the cross member also appears ok.

I am starting to wonder if the arm is out of line?

(It's probably not though!)
fluff34567

So spent some time in the workshop and am no closer to a solution.... some pics as someone will probably spot the solution in seconds.

Be aware no rubber buffers or panel handles or the anti vibration washers are fitted, even with the washers fitted I don't see it making a huge difference.

1st pics from the RH side that fits properly.. for me anyway

I have access to a plating shop so forgive the blingy removable leg.

Now the LH side with alignment issues.

If I have the stud from the plastic trim in the half hole on the leg, alignment is better but i have a huge board to panel gap.. and of course nothing is really holding the rear of the board

As I'm. Writing I'm looking at the sticky book page 157. It mentions the rear board tip is held with 2 bolts.. I have 1 hole in the board.. is it that simple solution ?
AUSSIE

Hi, it looks to me that some time in the scooters life the rear strut has been pushed in by 10 to 15mm. Have a look at the strut pressing by where the tank straps go, you may see some spreading of the metal compared to the other side. Get a piece of scaffolding pipe put it over the strut and pull it out. This will also have the effect of lifting it a little to reduce the gap between footboard and panel bottom.
fluff34567

Yep that's along the lines i was thinking as well though the leg is fairly close to the panel edge.

It's really the only thing in could see. I did notice some creases as the top but the other side has similar... I have a long bit of tube so will give it a go Thursday and see what happens
jason frost
Dealer

Leg just needs to come out abit , give it a hit from behind with a rubber mallet , it may then need to go forward or backward , just give it a hit from the side , keep no until it fits :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information