Pic of LH rear frame leg- S3?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fluff34567

I found a production drawing online that says 20cm from frame centre line.

Don't think it will move with a rubber mallet but will try that first.
fluff34567

Can anyone take a pic of the side profile of the main cross member for me ? preferably from the RH side of the frame.

Cross member has a lot of old not pretty welding on it and I'm wondering if it's the right angle .

Lots more going on in other pics but let's get the middle point confirmed or eliminated first !!
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Hi fluff I had a look the legsheilds are your marker set them first check bottom headset fit then work back in the pics the rear boards are parralell with the legsheilds the gap looks good then make the struts and gaps fit put your rubber buffers on they push the side panels out a bit PLUS try the rubber washers under the back boards as this lifts them up 3 to 4 mm PLUS if your panels have been on a bench being squashed they lose there shape and then heat the brackets and bend up or out to get the gaps as you want every scooter has its story and we have to read that and adjust the spelling mistakes

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

And to add the main strutt should be level not bent over I think someone has welded that out of level I would grind that out run a Metal flat bar from the front hole to the back strutt and 're weld level

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
fluff34567

Cheers Gary. . After putting a bar across that's what I noticed and looking at other pics the bit of T section in the middle of the cross member shouldn't be there either
fluff34567

Some adjustments performed yesterday, fairly easy when the frame can be secured to something solid!

Alignment looking a bit better but needs more work.

The rear leg bends very easily BTW!
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Have you checked the rear of the frame is straight where the number plate is fixed? Just found mine was a bit in explaining why the panel didn't fit properly.
fluff34567

Hi Timbo, the side panel fits rather well, some slight gapping at the top but that should be ok when the bumper is in place
fluff34567

On the VERY early series 3 with the non clip on panel buffers... where on the panel are they meant to touch? The rolled edge of the panel or above on the main panel skin?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information