Scootopia remade series 3 ignition switch

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mr mugello

I replaced my worn Indian ignition switch with a Scootopia osam copy for my Italian sx headset. The main key body fit's slightly recessed to the outer flat chrome screw fitment surround, on placing in headset base. Is this how far they will go. Can't seem to get it through the headset base hole enough to get much thread . Looks like the key body needs to be at least flush or protrude chrome ring surround. Not seen an original Italian switch fitted so can't compare. Have I fitted the Scootopia one correctly, can't see how I can do anything different apart from filing away ignition body ? Thanks
dave81
Main scooter: SIL GP 150

I bought one of these switches at Wicksteed for an Indian. Also found the thread does not come through the headset very much.After comparing to old switch I filed the switch below the threaded part until i had enough to screw on the nut through the headset. Being aluminium it was not hard to file although my finger tips suffered! If using a large file use one that has no teeth on one edge so that the threaded part of the switch does not suffer.Don't tighten the vice too much if you use one as the switch housing could get damaged. Like they say even new parts need fettling!
mr mugello

.Will give it a go with the file. Just read all good reports on these remade switches. No one mentioned the collar thread . Thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information