Registration??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eadmr04

I've got a GP and the frame number is 22/0 and the following number suggests it's 1970/1971 but the registration is X reg 1982. Why would this happen and is there any way of getting an age appropriate plate for it? Thanks.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

you can always fit an older registration number, rob skipsea sells them, you can find him on facebook
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

eadmr04 wrote:I've got a GP and the frame number is 22/0 and the following number suggests it's 1970/1971 but the registration is X reg 1982. Why would this happen and is there any way of getting an age appropriate plate for it? Thanks.
Nothing uncommon in this and it still happens today as there is no direct link between date of manufacture and date of first registration in the UK. I've a 2010 Moto Guzzi on a '13 plate as it was sat in a showroom for three years.

In your case I would imagine it was imported and registered without getting an age related plate.

Details on doing this are available on the LCGB or the British Lambretta Archive websites.
Did you have to do that?
eadmr04

So is the general thought that an age related plate should be able to be issued as long as a dating certificate can be obtained?
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Gotta be worth a try Dom. I assume you wouldn't have to pay a "first registration fee" (£55), as it is already registered, but I must assume that there is some sort of fee.

I can't recall the cost of acquiring a different plate, with a suffix more appropriate to the age of the scooter. Would that be treated like a personalised plate?
Martin
chippy

Just like putting a private plate on a car. Diffence is, a lot put private plates on cars to hide how old they are to make people think their newer and with scooters the opposite to make them look older. Weird world :D
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

Has it got a DGM number after the frame number?
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
eadmr04

DaveTomo wrote:Has it got a DGM number after the frame number?
Yes, it's got the Innocenti stamp * frame number * and then DGM and number.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information