fork link identification

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
thackers

Hi, can someone confirm the source of the disc hub fork links I've just bought please. The spot where the ball sits seems too big for the G.P ball bearing. They have a grease nipple on the underside if that helps. If they are SX/TV links will they fit into G.P forks with push in buffers or do they have to have the bolt in buffers?
Thanks
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

if they have grease zerts and the ball socket is bigger than GP then they are SX/LI style links. Yes they will work with GP/dl forks and with push in or bolt in buffers.

as for source, you'd have ask who you got them from or post some photos of them. Look for identifying markings. Typically if they look weirdly over sized then they are copies.

As far as I know there are only a few people making fork links.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

They will fit but you'll have to fit early SX/Li type spring rods and you'll need a fork spring compressor.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Yes, as both of the above. Note what HxPaul has said about using the corresponding rod type, rather than the GP loose ball type.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

As a matter of interest,did you get them off Ebay.I ask because I saw some on there and they were obviously early SX/Li type with the deep sockets and grease nipples but they were advertised as GP links.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

If you're lucky you might even find that they're the earlier links, which I understand have increased ride height and are less prone to bottoming out. There is something about it in the Webster info.

Adam

PS... typical Ebay!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information