Carb issues

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tippo88

Thanks will change back to the original float bowl and follow your advice.
Dumb question but how do I check the choke is working correctly? I have installed with original length choke cable and the outer cable does seem loose and can come out of the outer nipple when the choke is off, but tight when the choke is on. Was reluctant to shorten the ineer cable as not sure how much to take off and not end up with choke always being slightly on.

Thanks
Tippo

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
bazza3004

Check the float needle is sealing correctly. Had this problem on a mates and after swapping for a new one all was good. Good luck in resolving this.
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

A bit of a clue there. Puddle of petrol underneath if fuel tap left switched on. I have left mine on for 2 weeks whilst away on holiday and it's been perfect. Float is like a secondary shut off valve. I have 115 on mine and 36 pilot.
I NEVER wind the throttle back when starting.
tippo88

Changed back to the alloy float bowl which I ground the tab off, corrected the float height, which was off and slightly shortened the choke cable. Pilot jet is 42 which I left as is. It's now started two days in a row!!
Runs ok but not quite right, seems to bog in mid range. Based on advice above am guessing that the pilot is too large and probably the main jet too?

mr mugello

Is your choke cable too slack. Try pulling cable up by hand whilst starting from cold, to test it.
mr mugello

Woops. Sorry for late reply. Did not read page two of replies. Had similar problems on mine with cold start problem. Choke not lifting up enough.
Leo
Main scooter: Lambretta

More likely the needle position if its boggy in mid range, try raising the needle a notch, if its worse drop it two notches.

Depending on your definition of boggy it can be rich or lean, but if you go richer first you won't seize it up.
tippo88

I've gone with the 40 pilot 126 main as suggested by Padge runs not to badly only issue is that it starts from cold fine with the choke and from hot fine with no choke. However if I stop after a couple of minutes it won't start, it's flooded and will start with the throttle fully open , chug a bit and stall, won't rev . Thanks in advance

tippo88

Having said that now won't start from cold and is flooding as a above

tippo88

Same behavior today. Starts first kick from cold with choke (well 28 c here in Malaysia) take it for 20 min ride, adjust air screw and idle, another 5 min ride. Stop engine starts first kick with no choke. Leave 30 mins and won't start and flooding as per above.
Any suggestions much appreciated

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information